Sr. DBA - SQL Server - DevOps - PowerShell
Boca Raton, FL
Be part of the LexisNexis Risk Solutions Database Services Team. As a MS SQL Server Senior DBA you will be working with other top notch DBAs and Architects in a technologically diverse environment in our best-in-class enterprise data centers. You will be working with SQL Server 2012 through 2016, and will be doing all new projects with SQL Server 2016. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. Apply the latest technologies towards implementing High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Software as Infrastructure, and DevOPS Automation. Be part of a team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration and knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals.
Must Have Skills:
- Industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of MS SQL Server DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance, and project coordination.
- Experience in database environments life cycle management and support of production and development environments.
- Technical experience in the following: SQL Server 2008 through 2016.
- Must have experience with High Availability and DR solutions (e.g. WSFC, Mirroring, Log Shipping, Availability Groups, and Object-based Replication).
- Power Shell proficiency and DEV OPS experience.
- Experience working in AWS environments.
- Production Operations & Support and Security Administration.
- Must know TSQL, and have experience in automating tasks through moderately complex scripts.
- Extensive experience and knowledge working in Windows environments.
Other Desired Skills:
- Data Warehousing, Analysis Services, SSIS,
- Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and highly responsible. Capable of handling multiple complex assignments and taking on additional responsibilities as delegated.
What you will do:
Support the database management system [DBMS] and all related software. Share knowledge with other database administrators on the procedures required to manage, administer, and support all development and production databases specific to his/her environment. Provide technical consultation and support to client base on database and data warehouse design and administration projects. Implement solutions based on best practices and document the configuration and deployment process for use by the DBA team. Demonstrate initiative beyond directly assigned tasks, require minimal supervision, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish objectives.
Design and Build Database Environments
Work with DB Architect to create database designs that meet the company's business goals. Propose and implement best-in-class tools and practices to support project goals and future evolution of the company's databases. Perform and document the physical database design to comply with DBA standards and provide optimum performance for the application systems. Satisfy the immediate and future requirements from Product Management in the most cost-effective manner. Ensure the effective physical utilization of computing resources by the DBMS in the Development, Test, and Production environments on a day to day basis. Share Knowledge with associates and assist users, peers, and management in the development of new systems or in performing extensive system modifications. Assist in developing estimates and schedules for new projects and/or extensions to existing systems.
Technical Support for DBMS Environments
Provide technical support and perform database administration for all development and production databases on multiple environments. Provide technical guidance to the development and production support teams on troubleshooting database and database-related issues. Handle general problems on own authority and make sound judgments based on diagnostic information. Plan, coordinate, and perform the installation, maintenance, system changes, and upgrades for the SQL Server DBMS environments. Ensure continual success of database builds and production changes by controlling content and context through operational checks and balances. Work as individual contributor and as team player on day-to-day DBA tasks to ensure the DBA team meets its commitments. Provide on-call Production support and participate in the On-Call roster.
At LexisNexis Risk Solutions, we believe in the power of data and advanced analytics for better risk management. With over 40 years of expertise, we are the trusted data analytics provider for organizations seeking actionable insights to manage risks and improve results while upholding the highest standards for security and privacy. Headquartered in metro Atlanta, LexisNexis Risk Solutions serves customers in more than 100 countries and is part of RELX Group plc, a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. For more information, please visit www.lexisnexisrisk.com. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1.877.734.1938 or email@example.com.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline or equivalent work related experience.
- 5+ years database administration/management experience; strong design/architecture, data migration, database performance & tuning, backup & recovery experience with multiple databases in large scale enterprise environments;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of data base administration with applicable Server Integration Services and/or related technology. Strong Transact SQL skills, including coding/debugging/performance tuning of complex stored procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of database analysis, manipulation, mapping cleansing; data structures; exporting data; data processes/flow; database performance tuning/optimizing; scripting; creating databases and using data analysis tools.
- Related experience within industry (Risk management/analytics, credit bureau, or Insurance) and related data content are strongly preferred.
- Have knowledge and understanding of ETL tools and Integration Services.
- Knowledgeable with network platforms and related network technologies.
- Strong mentorship/leadership (involving the ability to present and train others in small and large groups) and team collaboration with multiple functional groups.
- Strong interpersonal, communication/presentation skills (verbal and written) tailoring communication method and approach to the needs of the audience (such management, data staff, vendors, and technical/non technical staff).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to simultaneously and successfully prioritize and provide project leadership on multiple projects of varying levels of size and complexity (including an understanding costs/budgets) through each stage of the project lifecycle, using MS Project or related application; and effectively apply project methodology.
- Advanced and innovative problem solving; research; analysis; critical thinking; risk assessment and decision making skills for complex database administration and related issues.
- Willingness to be on call and support critical data issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.