Sr. Digital Strategist
You use your critical thinking skills to be the reality check in the room. When marketers spin off onto tangents or developers start to over-architect, you bring everyone back to earth with a clear sense of the problem the team is trying to solve, and the requirements needed to get us there.
You pick up the ball early and help ensure that everyone knows what “done” means and which criteria we’ll use to declare victory at the end of a project. You can do this because you have a strong foundation in digital project execution, critical analysis and strategic application of marketing technologies. You’re on your way to independently leading digital marketing strategy projects.
Horizontal Digital is an experience forward consultancy that invests in understanding the needs, wants and ambitions of customers through the data they provide — data that is unlocked across every digital experience and engagement. We use this data to meet customers in the right moment, at the right time, on the right channel. And we amplify these moments with precise strategies, technologies and creative approaches to maximize their value. Check out how we customize the experience.
We are experts in solutions powered by Sitecore, Salesforce and other enterprise platforms. Since 2003, our ability to drive maximum ROI from our clients’ technology investments via optimized digital experiences across digital touchpoints is unmatched.
In addition, we are a certified Minority Business Enterprise that proudly invests in diversity and growth of our in-house talent as well as our local communities through charitable and on-site volunteer efforts.
Horizontal Digital is a division of Horizontal, Inc. headquartered in suburban Minneapolis, MN. Additional U.S. offices are in Denver and Dallas, with a global presence in Dubai; U.A.E.; Bengaluru, Vadodara and Pune, India; and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Support successful project execution and positive client relationships by applying critical thinking skills to the needs of our clients and their target audiences: help everyone stay aligned on the problem we’re trying to solve together.
- Contribute digital marketing strategy expertise to client projects, producing or contributing to deliverables such as requirements documentation, strategy briefs, competitive analyses, user experience analyses, etc.
- Partner with internal project team leaders (project manager, development manager, strategy lead, executive team, creative and technical teams) to ensure successful project execution, on time and on budget.
- Experience in business analysis, preferably in digital marketing channel(s)
- E-commerce Background
- Client and Account Management Experience required
- Digital Enterprise Background
- Agency-type experience (e.g. marketing agency, systems integrator, consulting firm) with the production of client-facing deliverables such as requirements documentation, project briefs and/or craft (software code, visual design, UX design, content, other)
- 7 +yrs. Professional experience leading heavy digital projects
- Experience leveraging advanced web technology platforms to support complex digital marketing strategies. Sitecore experience preferred; other enterprise-scale web experience platforms desirable. (This is not a technical position, but an understanding of current web technology capabilities is key.)
- Understanding of project management processes, and web development and design lifecycle.
- Hands-on subject matter expertise in digital marketing craft(s) such as web development, creative design, user experience architecture or SEO preferred
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive pay
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Competitive Benefits
- Medical – 3 plans to choose from!
- Health Savings Account
- FSA Dependent Care
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Legal Services
- State-of-Art Facility
- Pantry stocked with Snacks & Drinks!
- Regular Happy Hours and social events
- Company Sponsored Lunches
- Open Office Environment
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Promotional Opportunities
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.