Mirati Therapeutics (NASDAQ: MRTX) is a San Diego-based late-stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on translating drug discovery and research into new treatments for patients by advancing and delivering novel therapeutics that target the genetic and immunologic drivers of cancer. Mirati is advancing a novel pipeline to treat large patient populations across multiple programs and tumor types, including two programs, adagrasib and sitravatinib, in registration-enabling studies to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Mirati is developing novel direct inhibitors of KRAS mutations including adagrasib (MRTX849), a potent and selective inhibitor of KRAS G12C. This historically difficult to drug target is present in approximately 14% of NSCLC adenocarcinomas, 4% of colorectal cancer as well as smaller percentages of several other difficult-to-treat cancers. Adagrasib (MRTX849) is being evaluated in a Phase 1/2 clinical trial as a treatment for patients with KRAS G12C-positive tumors. Our research on G12C has led to breakthroughs in targeting other KRAS mutations including G12D which drives tumor growth in more patients than G12C and includes pancreatic, colorectal and other types of cancer.
Mirati is also developing sitravatinib, designed to selectively target a spectrum of tyrosine kinases implicated in both tumor growth and the suppression of immune responses to tumors. Sitravatinib has demonstrated durable responses in lung cancer patients whose cancer has progressed despite treatment with checkpoint inhibitors - an area of significant unmet medical need. Sitravatinib is being evaluated in multiple clinical trials to treat patients who are refractory to prior immune checkpoint inhibitor therapy, including a potentially registration-enabling Phase 3 trial of sitravatinib in combination with a checkpoint inhibitor in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) that is currently enrolling patients.
We are Mirati
Our mission is to discover, design, and deliver breakthrough therapies to transform the lives of cancer patients and their loved ones. We have built a culture fueled by accountability, urgency, collaboration and open-mindedness, and have established ourselves as an innovator within our industry. As we grow, we are looking to build diverse teams, with skilled individuals that are passionate about their work.
Why join us?
The Senior Director, Business Development & Corporate Strategy is responsible for leading and managing complex business development transactions and strategic initiatives. The position will identify external growth opportunities, drive partnering processes, structure and negotiate term sheets and contracts, and creatively address complex business challenges by cultivating external relationships and collaborations.
- Shape Mirati's strategic direction by leading the identification, structuring and execution of critical relationships with external partners and collaborators.
- Engage with internal stakeholders in R&D, commercial, legal, clinical, and finance to understand, balance and address business needs by structuring strategic collaborative relationships on terms that support Mirati's long-term strategic objectives.
- Lead cross-functional evaluation and execution of novel product in-licensing, M&A, and collaboration opportunities from inception to deal execution, including identification of opportunities, development of partnering materials, management of due diligence, structuring of collaborations, valuation / financial modeling, negotiating agreements and supporting active alliances with external organizations.
- Contribute to Mirati's strategic planning process by defining corporate growth objectives and translating these priorities into business development strategies.
What is Required:
- Bachelor's degree in life science or related field, and graduate degree in business or life science required (MBA or Ph.D.)
- Ten to twelve years of relevant biopharmaceutical experience including 6-8 years in a BD or corporate strategy function with significant transaction experience
- Hands-on experience and established track record of leading a broad range of transactions from inception to completion, managing both strategic and tactical aspects, and the ability to build a comprehensive business case for transaction opportunities.
- Experience in leading and managing due diligence investigations, intellectual property review, negotiating acquisitions/licensing deals, market analysis, and competitive analysis.
- Strong analytical skills, cross-functional team leadership abilities and excellent communication skills required.
Mirati's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Please note that Mirati Therapeutics Inc. does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.