At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Director of Business Development & Technology Alliances will be responsible for evaluating and developing lasting relationships with technology alliances in order to support Ping Identity’s growth. The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in developing partnership strategies, evaluating potential partners, negotiating multi-year agreements, driving go-to-market activities, and nurturing such relationships. In addition, the candidate should have experience leading projects across departments of an organization, developing processes to drive operational results, and the ability to work in a flexible manner with Sales, Marketing, Product Management and Customer Success leadership teams.
- Drive Ping Identity’s business development strategy for technology alliances, including mapping the partner landscape and prioritizing potential partners to overall corporate goals and objectives.
- Work closely with the Product Management, Corporate Development, and Sales teams to evaluate product gaps and market opportunities, and to identify and engage with possible partners who can meet market and technology requirements.
- Lead discussions and negotiate contracts with key alliances and partners.
- Determine integration requirements, develop management processes, and measure ongoing success of partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to improve and strengthen existing partner relationships with Ping’s primary Technology Alliance companies including Microsoft, Google, AWS, and members of the Identity Defined Security Alliance partners including VMware, Threatmetrix, Netskope, Sailpoint, Cyberark and others.
- Develop multi year business plan with key strategic Alliance partners, outlining joint product, GTM and business targets and establishing a governance framework to execute
- Interface closely with the Legal, Sales, Marketing, Product, and Corporate Development teams to ensure successful implementation and long-term success of partnerships.
- Ability to connect business and technology strategy
- High impact communication.
- Leadership disposition.
- Sustained business acumen and judgment.
- Ability to successfully multi-task.
- Strategic decision-making.
- Success building and mentoring a team that thrives.
- Driving results by aligning to thoughtful performance measures.
- Success building, cultivating, and sustaining partnerships.
- Authenticity, integrity, and persuasiveness.
- Track record of building technical partnerships that drive revenue
- Must have 10+ years of alliance management, strategic business operations, strategy, corporate development, and/or general management (P&L) experience, preferably in the security or identity space.
- Strong knowledge of the large Technology player and key market dynamics
- Ability to lead development of joint value proposition and GTM plans for Technology partners
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with distinction in driving discussions with senior executives at Ping and across partner organizations.
- Experience working at executive level to shape and align strategic agenda
- Strong vendor/partner contracting and negotiation skills required.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to explain, understand, manage, and implement complex partnerships and projects.
- Prior work experience in the Security Identity industry, ideally with deep understanding of the emerging Identity space.
- Values-based leader with experience mentoring teams by aligning initiatives with core values and the corporate mission as a daily discipline.
- MBA or other advanced degree preferred