Sr. Director, EdPlus Recruitment & Enrollment
Arizona State University
EdPlus Enrollment Center
$77,990 - $130,000 per year; DOE
EdPlus is currently seeking a highly-motivated and energetic Sr. Director of Recruitment and Enrollment. Reporting to the COO of EdPlus@ASU the Senior Director of Recruitment and Enrollment Services will provide strategic leadership in advancing the ASU Online recruitment and enrollment goals. The SDRES provides vision and oversight to the recruitment and enrollment processes for digital immersion programs at ASU while overseeing a division of many staff members, including student workers. Additionally, the SDRES maintains the institutional commitment to superior customer service, contributes to ASU brand awareness, guides and provides insight for marketing initiatives, and assures effective use of technology and data analysis in achieving enrollment objectives. The SDRES shall collaborate with senior officers and academic leadership to deliver an extraordinary educational experience to ASU students.
EdPlus is a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.We advance the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU.
- Develop a strategic enrollment management plan (3-5 years) consistent with the institutional mission that incorporates recruitment and enrollment services of ASU online and digital students; non-traditional undergraduate students, graduate students, and 3rd party partners students.
- Partner with various internal departments and teams to create staffing models that work with desired Q&T metrics, enrollment growth, lead generation goals and YOY program onboarding plans.
- Forecast needed lead goals, call volumes, chat volumes and enrollments in partnership with the EdPlus business intelligence and finance teams to effectively manage FY planning.
- Leverage analytics, phone reporting, dialer data and other forms of data to make informed decisions that drive recruitment and enrollment services.
- Identify, track and report on recruitment department KPIs and enrollment funnel metrics that measure and assess the recruitment/enrollment experience, FY enrollment goals and overall department success.
- Develop an annual recruitment plan that encompasses all online enrollment aspects of the university and targets the digital strategies that will be implemented each year in an effort to meet enrollment goals.
- Create and maintain an integrated, student-centered enrollment management process in which the EdPlus offices work effectively across all ASU departments including, marketing, admissions and financial aid to accomplish mutual recruitment and enrollment objectives.
- Systematically evaluate and update the effectiveness of recruitment practices related to the annual recruitment plan in an effort to deliver on YOY results
- Work collaboratively with the EdPlus marketing collaborative to assist with the creation and management of the entire student-prospect journey and e-communication strategies utilized throughout Salesforce, other CRM solutions and the web for digital students.
- Partner with the marketing collaborative team and EdPlus technology teams to co-create and manage nurturing, cultivation and retargeting calendaring and strategies for prospect-student campaigns through various efforts to include: email, social media, LinkedIn etc. to assist with enrollment goals and conversion rates.
- Partner with various internal departments and teams to create staffing models that work with the desired Q&T, enrollment team and lead generation goals.
- Collaborate with and oversee the work of contracted vendors or EdPlus/University designees who work with vendors.
- Work with the Program Management team to collaborate with Academic Deans and Program Directors to set enrollment objectives based on demand, market insights and capacity.
- Nurture and enhance relationships throughout the University, particularly with academic affairs and student affairs to sustain an ethos of shared participation in, and responsibility for, enrollment and recruitment.
- Manage the fiscal and material resources allocated to the department.
- Support, develop, and direct staff to meet goals, building on past success and improvising new strategies that propel forward momentum.
- Create a strong sense of teamwork throughout the division of recruitment and enrollment management.
- Participate in leadership meetings and provide weekly/monthly/quarterly enrollment updates as needed
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the university's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing and training; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Performing other job-related duties including service to University committees, as assigned by the COO.
Bachelor's degree in a related field AND ten (10) years of related experience which includes five (5) years of management/supervisory experience; OR, any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Evidence of a Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field; MA preferred.
- Evidence of demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems (CRMs) (Salesforce preferred).
- Evidence of proven ability to utilize data to drive decision making and strategy.
- Evidence of seven to ten years of experience in admissions or recruiting in a management role, with heavy strategic and analytical experience.
EdPlus at ASU is located at SkySong, the ASU Scottsdale Innovation Center. The center houses a diverse business community that links technology, research, education and entrepreneurship to position ASU and Greater Phoenix as global leaders in the knowledge economy.
- Activities are primarily performed in a regular, climate controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting or standing.
- Visual acuity and manual dexterity associated with daily use of desktop or laptop computer is required.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally in English, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties.
- Regular review of completed task
EdPlus is a central enterprise unit for ASU focused on the design and scalable delivery of digital teaching and learning models to increase student success and reduce barriers to achievement in higher education.
We advance the economic, social, cultural and overall health of the local, national and international communities served by ASU through online degree programs; open scale courses for aspiring college students to improve, demonstrate university readiness and earn admission; online continuing education for life-long adult learners; direct partnership with universities, public and private corporations of all sizes; and deep learning analytics conducted by our in-house Action Lab.
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
Arizona State University is committed to providing safety and security resources and information for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), ASU publishes an Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, which includes safety and security policies and procedures, crime and fire prevention information, crime and fire statistics, and numerous resources for current and prospective students and employees. To access the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report online, visit https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. A hard copy of this report may be obtained, free of charge, by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456 or by visiting the ASU Police Department at 325 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, Arizona, during business hours (M-F, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.).
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Background Check Statement
ASU conducts pre-employment screening for all positions which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the background check.
Fingerprint Check Statement
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume and cover letter should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
Applicant must be eligible to work in the United States; EdPlus at ASU will not be a sponsor for this position.
If you are an ASU internal applicant, please click on the Internal Staff link located on the Careers at ASU webpage to apply