Wolters Kluwer Health's Clinical Effectiveness (CE) organization is a fast-growing and innovation-driven healthcare information technology (HIT) provider working on the front lines of clinical care. Our talented team of physician and pharmacist editors, technologists, and product visionaries collaborate to provide advanced clinical decision support solutions that measurably improve clinical effectiveness by helping healthcare professionals provide optimal care for their patients.
Our solutions make a difference -- and so do our people.
Wolters Kluwer Health Division has an exciting opportunity within Clinical Effectiveness for a Sr. Director, Finance. This is a permanent role to mirror exciting growth for WK's Health Division. This role is based in the Waltham, MA office and reports to the VP of Finance, Clinical Effectiveness who is also based in Waltham, MA.
The Sr. Director, Finance supports the expansion of the Clinical Effectiveness business across all segments. This role will support both North America and International business activities. The Sr. Director, Finance will be responsible for supporting the VP of Finance in finance-related project execution, i.e. systems implementation or upgrade, Sales and Revenue planning, Expense Analysis and reporting, Headcount budgeting and forecasting, Vendor Contract Reviews, Vendor spend review and analysis, and collection of Account Receivables.
· Act as a right-hand to the VP of Finance in preparing analysis, reviewing and approving spend requests, validating exceptions, managing relationship with vendors
· Report monthly financial results, analyses and interpret financial information
· Lead quarterly forecasts, annual budgets and 3-year Business plans: understand and explain variance vs. target
· Manage collections team that supports Cash Collection Reporting and Forecasting
· Lead, manage, and ensure timely execution of systems implementations that pertain to the Finance processes in Forecasting, Budgeting, Reporting, Order Management and Invoicing, back end systems
· Act as a liaison with corporate functions to represent Clinical Effectiveness
· Initial focus will be on expense controls, expense forecasting and analysis. Long term responsibilities may encompass revenue analysis and forecasting
* 5 or more years of experience in analyzing, forecasting, budgeting financials
* 2 or more years serving in a Director-level or equivalent role/level
* 7 or more years of experience managing individuals and teams
* Previous Finance Controller, Finance Director experience is preferred
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Engineering, Accounting or equivalent relevant experience is required
* Experience managing teams across multiple locations and time zones
* Technology/Software industry experience preferred but not required
* Multi National Company and multi-site experience
* Excellent Excel skills
* Organizational skills, strong attention to detail
* Good understanding of how critical it is to identify and serve stakeholders across functions
* Effective communication both in writing and oral; must be skillful at presenting financial data and industry data in visual and graphical form;
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
* Problem solver, experience in Relationship and Dispute management
* Must have strong command of PowerPoint as well as Excel and Word;
* Must be a service-oriented team player who is comfortable working in a global organization.
Travel: Up to 5%
ABOUT WOLTERS KLUWER
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4 billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices. Wolters Kluwer has a sponsored Level 1 American Depositary Receipt program. The ADRs are traded on the over-the-counter market in the U.S. (WTKWY). For more information about our solutions and organization, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO)
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions, customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
For any assistance with your application for this job opening, please call the HR Source at (888) 495-4772 or email HRSource@WoltersKluwer.com. TTY is also available at 888 (4985) 4771.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled