If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are currently seeking a Sr. Director of Data & Operations with a robust background in Data Security and driving technology strategies. The ideal candidate will have experience with supporting data security around HIPAA, PII and PHI guidelines as well as the ability to work in a large, matrixed organization.
Please note - We are ideally targeting this position to be office based at one of the following offices: Richardson, TX; Austin, TX or Minnetonka, MN.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Facilitate the establishment and execution of the roadmap and vision for information delivery and management; including a clear approach for Data Intake/Onboarding, Data Architecture, Data Security, Data Lineage and Data Governance (in +2 Petabyte Hadoop based data store)
- Lead data engineers to architect and deliver data that fulfill the Advanced Analytic Solution needs and align with the overall UHG / UHC information vision and strategy
- Ensure proper Data Security is maintained supporting HIPAA, PII, PHI and Federal based Healthcare Data guidelines are in place
- Apply business strategy while driving technology strategy, balancing short term and long term needs to ensure that the data architecture can scale and evolve accordingly
- Engage an end-to-end approach by connecting all the pieces of data to deliver the data while leveraging all available assets
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to carry out major plans and procedures to ensure schedule attainment, product development process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met
- Take an active role in the performance management process by completing goal setting, interim review, and year-end review on a timely basis and soliciting ongoing feedback
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or relevant field
- 10+ years of progressive information management solutions and end-to-end development life-cycle support and SDLC processes
- 6+ years leading a team including architects, engineers, quality assurance, and operations professionals
- Established experience delivering information management solutions to large numbers of end users
- Demonstrated understanding of successful Hadoop based architecture (Petabyte or larger), analytics, content management and data management
- Experience with vendors in any of the following areas including; MapR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, SQL Server, Oracle 11g, MySQL, SQL Data Warehouse Appliance, Oracle Exadata, Netezza, Greenplum, Vertica, Teradata, Aster Data, SAP HANA, Hadoop, SAS, SPSS, Spotfire, Tableau, Qlikview, R, Oracle Endeca, Oracle OBIEE, SAS and other Analytics vendors (including OpenSource providers)
- Master's degree
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, Health Care, Leadership, Director, Data Security, Data, Security, Hadoop, SAS, Tableau, OpenSource, ARA2018, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, UnitedHealthcare, UHC, Richardson, TX, Texas, Austin, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota