The Sr. Director of Production, Non-Apparel has the primary responsibility to set departmental strategies and oversee the development of product from design concept through production. This person will also oversee Non-Apparel Technical Design and 3rd Party Brand Production.
- Optimize sourcing strategies by improving the efficiency of processes, expanding product, fabrication and construction expertise and maintaining and enforcing product integrity and consistency.
- Direct activities of overseas agents, overseas Madewell production offices and domestic sourcing teams.
- Collaborate with senior business partners in Design, Merchandising and Technical Design to align and execute on brand vision, product strategies and financial objectives.
- Work with senior business partners to identify and drive new strategic initiatives, such as construction technique innovation, product cost optimization, new vendor capability development, etc.
- Partner with agents/vendors to develop new product and innovate on new approaches, timelines and construction techniques.
- Oversee team and provide guidance on effecting sourcing process management; Set team and individual goals and conduct performance evaluations against objectives.
- Provide strategy, oversight and management of teams in key areas, includin design collaboration, calendar and budget management, sample management, pre-costing, vendor management and pre-production.
- Identify and engage business partners when development issues arise with recommendations for viable options/solutions.
- Travel domestically and internationally to initiate and maintain strong vendor relationships, train factories on standards and troubleshoot issues.
- Must have a minimum of 10+ years of experience within a production/product management capacity.
- Must have strong background in all non-apparel production categories.
- Must have a strong understanding of leather goods, including handbags, footwear and belts.
- Extensive experience in cost negotiating and analyzing cost breakdowns.
- Experience in global sourcing, managing time and action and managing the product cycle from development through production.
- Excellent communication, multi-tasking, organizational and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude in a leadership and people management role.
- Strong vendor negotiation and relationship building experience.
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of PLM systems strongly preferred.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.