Reporting to the Manager, Engineering (ASIC/FPGA), the Senior Member of Engineering Staff (SMES) Design Engineer will be part of the core design team, responsible for the architecture, implementation, verification/validation through Software integration test, for delivery of complex FPGAs AND/OR ASICs systems.
S/he will develop architectures for implementation of high throughput complex designs involving Cryptographic Algorithms (VHDL, HLS) with high speed protocols– NVMe, PCIe/SRIOV, 10G-400G Ethernet, TCP/IP, and IP development/integration targeting ARM SOC FPGAs (Ex. Xilinx MPSOC) AND/OR ASICs.
Additionally S/He will be responsible for writing/debugging tests/sequences for End-to-End simulation on UVM framework, with System Verilog Assertions, and also writing/debugging C++ based SW driven validation on SOC evaluation boards (Xilinx MPSOC) running Linux.
We have deployed state-of-the-art EDA flows/methodologies including Synopsys DC/Primetime/Synplify, Xilinx/Intel/Microchip EDA including HLS, Mentor Questa family, VIPs for UVM, Clock Domain Crossing (CDC), Catapult (HLS).
This is a key, high impact, high visibility role in the organization to ensure robust quality and delivery of Communication products for National Security.
The successful candidate(s) will possess:
- At least 5 year experience with proven track record of implementing complex algorithms in networking ASIC/FPGAs
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent
o Master of Science in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science preferred
- Proficiency in VHDL, C++ (OOP) and System Verilog Assertions (SVA)
- Experience with debugging in ARM ecosystem with Linux OS
- Knowledge of high-speed protocols (PCIe, TCP/IP, Ethernet)
- Excellent Analytical/Debug skills
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills
A PLUS for prior experience with:
- High Level Synthesis (HLS) with Vivado, Mentor Catapult
- Xilinx MPSOC, and Vivado SDK and Linux super user
- Cryptographic and high speed networking designs
- Employee Events
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid sick days