Country:United States of America
Location:A01: Rockford - Aerospace 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL, 61125 USA
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams, and the status quo and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
The Central Operations Test Engineering (COTE) designs, integrates, and deploys test solutions for the development, qualification, and production testing of avionic electronic devices. The organization is a cross-functional team of Project Engineers, Circuit Engineers, Software Engineers, and Test Requirement Engineers. Our team provides a shared service that supports the Program and Product teams, as well as Production facilities around the world.
The Test Requirements Specification (TRS) engineer supports the development of test requirements and related activities for various electronic product lines developed within the Electric Systems business unit. Development of test requirements is directed at production testing of analog and digital PWBs, electronic controllers, power conversion and power distribution equipment used in aircraft electrical power generating
systems. The successful candidate must demonstrate a technical understanding of signal level circuits and power circuits. In addition, the candidate must be a strong communicator.
- Analyze electrical schematics to develop a robust test strategy for a given circuit and determine coverage the tests provide to each component in the circuit.
- Participate in the requirements and design of test equipment. Integration and troubleshooting of test solutions.
- Develop and maintain product documentation.
- Develop and/or improve test requirements related processes.
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team that includes project, circuit, software, hardware, requirements, and product engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 6+ years of related experience
- Experience in circuit analysis
- Knowledge of software and test sequencing
- Schematic capture (Cadence)
- Familiarity with power electronics
- Familiarity with Extensible Markup Language (XML), Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Note: A Background check and a drug screen are required for every external new hire in the U.S.
A re-hire will be drug screened if it has been 12 months since they were last employed by UTC.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms