MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
New Focus, a business group of Newport Corporation, has a challenging product development position for an Electrical/RF Engineer with opportunity for growth. Candidate will work closely with a team of Electrical, RF, Optical, Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineers to design and produce the best Electro-Optic products in the world.
The ideal candidate will perform analog design involving low-noise, high-speed, and RF board-level design with optical and mechanical integration on a system-level.
Activities & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with stake holders and product marketing to define system requirements, complete feasibility tasks, and support product through production
- Low-noise and high-speed analog circuit design
- Design and support of test fixtures and electrical/optical test systems from DC to >50 GHz
- Development and documentation of manufacturing test and assembly procedures
- Assist in the creation of ECO’s and product maintenance tasks
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineers to ensure smooth transition to production
- Support and sustaining responsibilities
- Component selection with vendor interaction and bill of material generation
- BS or Masters EE/Physics required with a minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Extensive experience with RF design or high bit-rate fiber-optic transceivers preferred
- Knowledge of microwave principles such as parasitics, resonance, loss, impedance matching, S-parameters
- Knowledge of low-speed circuit fundamentals and analog circuit design
- Understanding of optical, thermal, and mechanical design a plus.
- Experience with laser systems and electro-optics
- Knowledge of wire bonding and die attach processes
- Project management experience a plus
- Effective communication skills and technical writing ability a must
- Schematic capture (Altium or ORCAD).
- SPICE circuit simulation (MicroCap, LT SPICE, or other).
- Experience with Mentor PADS or Altium PCB layout tools a plus
- MathCAD, Zemax
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.