MKS Instruments, Inc. is the parent company of Newport Corporation®, Spectra-Physics® and Ophir®, leaders in photonics, optics, lasers and motion/vibration control. MKS is a worldwide leader in technology solutions for thin film, process and industrial manufacturing, environmental monitoring, defense and security, life sciences and research.
Spectra-Physics has a great opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to be involved in the design of cutting edge industrial laser systems.
- Design PCB's, cables & system components for industrial laser systems with an emphasis on design for manufacture and high reliability
- Design embedded ARM microprocessor systems, low-noise ADC & DAC, precision current regulators, and mixed-signal circuitry
- Perform troubleshooting of electro-optical systems
- Supervises PCBA HALT tests (accelerated life tests), performs experiments
- Assist in design of test fixtures and prepare documentation for release to manufacturing
- Assist in updating boards and cables for obsolescence
- Coordinate with manufacturing engineers to ensure smooth product release
- Work closely with optical engineers to define and design practical laser products
- BS EE and > 5 years’ experience in product development
- Understanding of electrical circuit fundamentals, analog & digital, serial data communication
- Familiar with operation of test equipment, oscilloscopes, DVM’s, function generators, spectrum analyzers
- Software skills and laser/opto-electronics experience a plus
- Experience with microcontroller programming (C++, Python) a plus
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Quality-driven. Committed to meeting schedules, able to balance performance & time constraints
- Excellent documentation skills
MKS Instruments, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We solicit and hire applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category. Our policy is to employ the most qualified applicants. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with company policies and federal and state guidelines.
For positions requiring access to export-controlled technical data, or that are located at facilities where export-controlled technical data is present, MKS Instruments, Inc., may have to obtain an export license from the U.S. government. As such, applicants for this position—except U.S. Citizens, U.S. Permanent Residents, and protected persons as defined in 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)—may be subject to an export license review process. Employment is contingent upon issuance of the license.