Senior Electrical Estimator
Do you enjoy the thrill of the chase? Excited to join the backbone of our business? Great news! Helix Electric has an exciting new position for a talented and motivated Senior Estimator with at least
10 years’ experience in design build projects. You will have a direct impact on the growth of our organization and strategies behind expansion.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & SCOPE:
The estimating department is responsible for producing project-specific construction estimates based on written and/or oral instructions from our clients. Your role in this process will be as follows:
- Develop accurate and timely electrical construction estimates on which we base competitive bids and proposals for our client-base of General Contractors, Owners, Developers and end-users.
- Analyze and interpret detailed drawings and specifications.
- Determine and price value-engineered alternatives to plans and specifications.
- Perform budget pricing from schematic drawings and narrative.
- Draft scope letters, proposals and vendor solicitations.
- Attend job walks; pre-bid meetings; collaborations and conferences with clients and design professionals.
- Lead the functioning of the Estimating Department; the education and development of junior personnel; on-going development and maintenance of computerized estimating programs and databases; congenial relations with clients and vendors.
- Work under deadline pressures in an efficient, composed and calm manner.
- Work on change-orders and cost-to-complete estimates of on-going projects.
- Help create and communicate company standards for estimating electrical design/build and plans and specs work.
- Additional duties as assigned by management
- A high school diploma or GED is required, but a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Construction Management or similar studies is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of design/build electrical estimating experience on commercial and multifamily projects ranging up to $50M.
- Knowledge and proficiency with Code requirements and basic electrical engineering calculations; Voltage-drop, Ohm’s law, conduit-fill, wire ampacity, de-rating, etc.
- Extensive experience with Excel, Word and one of the major computerized estimating programs (e.g., Accubid, LiveCount, ConEst, McCormick, etc.).
- Analytical, problem-solving mentality
- Team player, self-motivated, gets along well with supervisors, peers and subordinates.
Helix Electric is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in our workforce. It is our policy to attract and retain the best-qualified people available, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or status as a Special Disabled Veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran or other qualifying veteran. Diverse employees/candidates are encouraged to respond. Helix Electric is committed to developing and maintaining a workplace which reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled/VEVRAA Federal Contractor