Businesses PRATT & WHITNEY Job ID 77749BR Date posted 12/06/2018 City Middletown State Connecticut Country US
Pratt & Whitney, a recognized leading producer of the world's most powerful jet engines, is looking for dedicated individuals to support our organization
If you aspire to work in a dynamic environment and possess the motivation to convert new ideas into practice, this may be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Have you considered what it may be like to work at Pratt & Whitney? We have a rare opportunity for a talented Staff Engineer, Structures to be located in Middletown, CT.
Working with the Compression Systems Engineering (CSE) group, the Staff Structures Engineer supports commercial programs, with responsibility for the durability and structural integrity of gas-turbine compressor components of the High Pressure Compressor (HPC). This includes airfoils, rotors & shafts, cases, and actuation linkage systems.
As a Structures Engineer, you will:
- Provide analytical support for preliminary & detailed design, through development, validation, certification, manufacturing and operational service.
- Use Finite Element (FE) and classical methods for strength, stress/deflection, vibration, fatigue life, damage tolerance, containment, kinematic and optimization analyses.
- Cover validation testing (engine and rig) and data-reduction.
- Support in-service field investigations.
- Participate on multi-discipline teams to provide design solutions that balance customer requirements for durability, performance, cost and weight.
- Provide leadership oversight and technical guidance for less experienced engineers and outsourced tasks.
- Collaborate to advance technology and improve engineering standard work processes/methods.
- Document and present results to management and external customers.
10% travel is anticipated.
To be successful in this role you should have the following experience:
- BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- 5+ years of structural analysis experience
- US Citizenship required due to government program requirements
- Demonstrated analytical skills using FEM for stress/deflection, vibration, and performing LCF, HCF, Fracture Mechanics or Kinematics analyses.
- Ability to build positive relationship and craft clear communication
- Jet Engine experience a plus
Do you wish you could put your technical expertise to better use? If you are ready for a challenge, then we encourage you to apply. We demand quality in all we do which is what cultivates our success in the Aerospace Industry.
Education: BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.