Our National General Contractor is looking to add an experience Sr. Estimator to their West Coast office. this Estimator will be overseeing a team, and mentoring junior estimators.
The Client we are representing is a National General Contractor who is looking to expand their West Coast offices. Their projects range from hotels, schools, public works, offices, and hospitals.
- The construction Estimator will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Work closely with the Preconstruction Manager
- Provide input to the project team to help determine bidding approach.
- Read and interpret project specifications and plans to prepare detailed, comprehensive and accurate quantity surveys
- Generates estimates & proposals for selected projects.
- Obtains bidders lists for projects that have been scoped & estimated.
- Actively pursues bid projects with timely follow up & awareness of project status.
- Minimum of 7 year's experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Commercial Tenant improvment and Ground up experience is preferred
- Field experience as a Project Manager is desirable
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time-frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Knowledge of contract types and deal structures Job Offer
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
- Bonus incentives
- Insurance, medical, dental, vision (full package)
- Paid vacation/holidays