Job ID: 146063
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide detailed estimates to our customers in a timely manner
- Work from architectural drawings and specifications, shop drawings, or elevation take-offs
- Follow up on estimates and provide feedback concerning market pricing levels
- Provide consultation, coordination, and assistance to our customers, sales force and internal personnel
- Maintain detailed and organized records of bid documents, correspondence and other project specific information
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Safely perform tasks and adhere to all safety policies and procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Minimum of 5 years prior experience estimating mid-size glazing projects form architectural drawings and specifications
- Ability to read, interpret, & understand architectural drawings and specifications, and provide detailed take-offs and estimates that incorporate different building envelope solutions
- Extensive knowledge of aluminum glazing systems and their applications
- Strong understanding of glass, composite metal panels, and other infill options as well as their applications
- Must be able to research custom hardware to ensure compatibility with requested products
- Strong geometry and math skills
- Organized, self-starter with the ability to handle numerous projects, prioritize workload, and work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to communicate effectively and conduct themselves professionally; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Need to have good working knowledge of fabrication and installation in order to have a strong understanding of customer needs
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.