As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The ETL Development Consultant role will be a key Development Lead for the Voya Financial Data Service Team. They will support ETL and Data Transformation Work while delivering designs and data movement between applications, ETL architecture, design, and testing.
- Work a Development lead and provide skills and solutions to process/load source systems data into multiple databases using Informatica;
- Hands on Lead ETL developer responsible for design and development of ETL components and provide support for maintenance and Enhancements.
- Data movement in Bigdata environment - Hadoop, Hive.
- Convert Business requirements to Tech design and translate to specific development activities and communicate progress to management and project leads
- Prepare Technical Design document to translate Business requirements.
- Work with offshore based development team and manage project delivery.
- Conduct code review meetings with the team.
- ETL performance tuning, Implement Performance optimizations through Transformations and Partition techniques.
- Support QA team’s test cases and test data preparation. Carries out unit and Integration test support.
- Good Communicator and proactive approach to daily activities.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Coordinate release activities.
- Provide production support on need basis
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 8+ years progressive experience in system/data analysis related to ETL, data management, data integration and data delivery work.
- 5+ ETL extensive experience using Informatica Power Center version 9.6 or higher
- Knowledge of Big data skill sets – Hadoop, Hive, Impala, Sqoop a plus
- Skilled in Informatica ETL tool suite to design and develop work flows, transformation mappings.
- Strong skills in ETL design and development - understanding the tradeoffs of various design options on multiple platforms using multiple protocols
- Extensive work experience managing offshore based development team.
- Experience Code Deployment best practices
- Expertise in UNIX shell scripting
- Must have experience in two or more of the databases UDB, Sybase, Sqlserver, Oracle, Exadata
- Must have experience in Informatica 9.6 or above.
- Functional work in and familiarity with enterprise architecture, Data warehouse, data modeling concepts
- Solution design experience for large scale initiatives
- Excellent communication skills – need to be able to interface with business as well as technical leaders
- Successful in a matrix work environment
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to collaborate and work in a multi-site environment
- Experience working in an agile or continuous improvement environment
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- Prior experience with financial services, retirement, insurance, or medical records industry highly desirable
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.