Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout domestic and international markets. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
TheSr. Exchange Email Administrator will report to the Sr. Manager, IT Systems Security Manager. The position is responsible for supporting an email implementation on a wide area network for the classified computing environment. The position will also provide Windows server and active directory support and will also support Dell and Nutanix server infrastructure in an accredited classified computing environment supporting multiple Department of Defense (DOD) programs. This position will be located in Huntsville, AL. The position will require one to support build, and maintain an Authorization to Operate with Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA).
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
The successful candidate will be highly self-motivated with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The position is responsible for administering the Exchange infrastructure in a classified computing environment that requires programmatic data separation in a multi-program environment while supporting the operations of the service. Responsibilities and skills of the Administrator include the following: - Experienced and well versed in all supported Microsoft Exchange versions - Manages Microsoft Exchange interaction with multi-site Active Directory domain - Collaborating with other IT engineers, including networking, security, and system engineers, to facilitate effective issue resolution - Provide technical expertise in ensuring the electronic communication and collaboration is secure - Thorough working knowledge of Email Threat Protection and Security - Understanding of network and firewall requirements needed for Microsoft Exchange - Write procedures and documentation for processes to aid in troubleshooting and review - Set priorities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment - Measure and optimize system performance - Plan and manage capacity of the systems – Knowledge of O365 and cloud architectures can be helpful for initiatives to move the cloud – Individual should be strong with PowerShell scripts and understand mail headers, mail flow troubleshooting, and data wipe processes.
Work is performed under limited general direction:
50% - Provide technical hardware and software support for Microsoft Exchange and Email environment to include outlook clients and Microsoft Windows servers, workstations, and other related devices in the closed room by performing operating system and application installs, configurations, applying patches and security updates and managing and monitoring backups and tape management systems
20% - Address service request and incident tickets submitted by the user population requesting new access or break/fix activities to support the user community
20% - Apply System Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) to systems, apply compliance and hardening updates and represent the company during audit activities to help maintain accreditation and authorization to operate
10% - Support projects and help support Linux and Networking environments.
Requires at least six (6) years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
Must possess a current Secret security clearance. Must also be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
- 7+ years’ experience as an Exchange Engineer /Admin in a large corporate environment with emphasis on high-availability and uninterrupted 24/7 messaging services.
- Experience with clustered IronPorts for SMTP Ingress/Egress or similar perimeter SMTP technologies.
- Experience/knowledge using cloud technologies particularly Office 365 a bonus.
- Experience in archiving solutions such as EmailXtender, CommVault, or Enterprise Vault
- Knowledge of electronic records management including document retention, deletion and legal hold policies.
- Knowledge of the administration, maintenance and support for the Blackberry Enterprise Server and other Mobile Device Management technologies.
- Lead messaging projects, software upgrades, architecture changes and implementation of new components within the environment.
- Performing routine Exchange server maintenance tasks such as realigning Exchange database copies within DAGs.
- Troubleshooting Messaging Server issues, working in collaboration with other relevant IT areas and vendor support towards a quick and effective resolution.
- Performing daily administration tasks as assigned to the team.
- Follow direction from the team management.
- Create and maintain daily/weekly/monthly operational checklists and operational reports.
- Will have responsibility to help address/resolve Tier2 and Tier3 tickets related to collaboration systems.
- PowerShell and Administrative scripting proficiency.
- Cisco IronPort SMTP routing appliances, physical and or virtual.
- Mobility Solutions – Blackberry, Good Technologies
- Demonstrated proficiency of Active Directory, network and Internet concepts (e.g., firewalls, load balancers, web browsers, TCP/IP, SSL, HTTP, LDAP, etc.)
- Effective analytical, planning, organizational, problem determination and resolution process skills.
- Familiarity with SOX regulations and best practices implementing Internal controls to be in compliance
- Demonstrated experience with network and security engineering
- Ability to communicate architectural patterns to product development teams
- Experience managing a senior level support queue
- Experienced managing Office 365 Users, Groups, Shared Mailboxes, Domains, and Retention Policies via shell and GUI
- Strong understanding of email routing, connectors, and relays
- Senior level scripting and automation capabilities using PowerShell / EMS
- Solid understanding of Federated authentication
- Administration experience with Azure AD and AD Connect desired
- Experienced supporting email integrations and migrations
- Expert in modern email threat defense
- Experienced with email gateway administration
- Strong with email header analysis
- Active Directory Experience
- Veritas Netbackup experience
- ITIL Service Management experience.
- A current DoD 8570 Baseline Certification (Security+ CE, CAP, GSLC, CASP CE, CISA, CISM, or CISSP) is desired
- Knowledge of SAN Storage systems
- Knowledge of authentication protocols and techniques (LDAPS/SAML/Kerberos/etc)
- Strong Windows Server, Workstation, and Active Directory skills
- Strong knowledge of hardening systems, running SCAP tools and implementing STIGs on systems
- Ability to address audit requirements
- Knowledge of and experience with compliance to government regulations and standards (NIST Special Publications, NISPOM, Risk Management Framework, etc.)
- Strong documentation skills and ability to document and diagram solutions using tools like MS Visio
- Active Directory Certificate Administration
- Provide exceptional customer service by handling customer complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships, be a team player, meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to work on a team and to take direction from ISSM, Project Teams, and Supervisory staff
- Capable of addressing and resolving IT issues proactively, promptly, effectivity and independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with Aerojet Rocketdyne departments and vendors.
- Flexible mindset to evaluate and prioritize work with a sense of urgency.
- Discipline to understand and participate in change control, checklists, and repeatable processes.
- Demonstrate self-reliance and resourcefulness.
- Remain calm and professional while effectively handling multiple demands.
- Industry experience – ideally in Department of Defense
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions.Ability to safely lift and carry up to 35 lbs. with occasional bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, and reaching above shoulder level required. May require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.