The Senior(Sr.) Financial Analyst uses professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve problems in effective ways. This finance role partners with the Business Units to drive performance through analysis of situations or data, exercising judgment within broadly defined practices and policies, and using business acumen, techniques and evaluation criteria to obtain results. This role converts business plans into financial forecast, develops and maintains financial and performance reporting, and provides proactive insights and recommendations to optimize utilization and productivity business performance.
Duties of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain business unit financial workbooks to track sources of cost, operational drivers, direct labor and third party cost. Provide analysis to leadership on key drivers to changes to budget, forecast and last year actuals.
- Guide the business units through budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Act as a liaison between finance teams and the business unit teams, working across finance teams to identify items that may be impacting delivery cost.
- Monitor monthly financial close related activities, including allocations to client programs, to ensure accuracy and timely reporting of cost.
- Update financial dashboards, including operating drivers and metrics.
- Provide unbiased financial analyses based on performance data and metrics. Prepare and present report of findings and recommendations to management.
- Provide analysis on business development and monitor business performance by service delivery team. Develops, interprets, and implements financial concepts for financial planning and control.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of related experience, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Good problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills are also required.
- Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to follow through to resolve issues.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Experience with Oracle, Hyperion, and Micro-strategy or other BI tool.
- Proficiency in use of mathematical, statistical, and analytical tools to model and analyze large quantities of data from business to understand problems and define solutions