Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for all financial control and analysis while providing strategic direction and financial leadership to enhance their ability to make informed financial decisions. Acting as the financial expert, the individual will be responsible for managing and influencing sound business decisions including: strategy development, business plans, and financial forecasting.
They work to align the team's strategy and planning to the group's objectives; developing and preparing forecasts, assessing risk and opportunities, proactively developing plans to minimize exposure. In addition, the Sr. Financial Analyst analyzes new areas to support, developing recommendations on support needs and implementing those strategies.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures reporting and controls in place to monitor and project team business results.
- Prepares reports and analytics on a periodic (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) and ad hoc basis, and provides associated explanations for findings.
- Leads monthly/quarterly financial Business Reviews and reporting package (with appropriate metrics), sharing results with the leadership team.
- Provides management with financial advice and counsel on all pertinent business matters by supplying ongoing, timely, and meaningful financial analysis of actual performance, business plans, and other discrete projects.
- Ensures understanding of consumption data and consumer insights to identify trends and suggests improvements.
- Provides proactive thought leadership to develop new simplified processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness; develops new tools to enhance the finance team analytics.
- Coordinates, reviews, and/or develops investment proposals and project financial evaluations related to brands, to ensure timely and profitable business decisions.
- Facilitates processes and process improvements, to increase efficiency within assigned groups.
- Supports the annual operating plan process, providing financial and business leadership.
- Tracks and ensures delivery of operating plan commitment.
- Advises Campbell's Snacks leadership of any deviations from forecasts or any material risks.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility
- The individual acts as a business partner and consultant on all matters financial.
- The functional leader relies on the individual's expertise, knowledge of the financials, and back office relationships to understand the financials, budgets, pro-formas, and reporting.
- Somewhat independent; working under general instructions and expected to determine how to accomplish the work assignments. Ensures application of established corporate financial policies.
- This position has no direct reports, but may be responsible to review the work of others.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with experience building complex Excel-based models.
- High degree of accuracy and integrity required with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and analytical skills; ability to communicate both financial and non-financial benefits of projects to Senior Leadership across multiple functions.
- Ability to communicate difficult financial concepts and transactions to non-financial leadership.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong sense of ownership over assigned areas of responsibility, coupled with ability to work in a team environment on some projects.
- Understanding of pro forma financial statement creation, and a well-developed knowledge of the business is required.
- Ability to exercise discretion while managing confidential information.
- Strong PC skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Advanced financial systems knowledge preferred (such as Oracle, SAP).
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required from four-year College or university and 5+ years related experience; or equivalent of experience and higher education
Minimal travel may be required.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.