Who we are: BAL is a team of brilliant people who change lives through elite immigration work and collaborative innovation. We pursue the exceptional in all that we do, but never at the expense of our values. There’s no denying our work is demanding, both in volume and pace, but we’re up for the challenge. We love the balance of hard work and fun – so, you’ll see us in jeans as we shatter glass ceilings and conventional stereotypes. BAL employees feel valued, rewarded, and respected. We seek opportunities to be of service to others and our communities. We are committed to your growth and development, and want to set you up for success here at BAL and beyond.
Who you are: You are looking for work that has purpose. You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done. You learn quickly. You move fast. You embrace challenge and detail as well as creative thinking. You believe you have something unique to contribute and you aren’t afraid to raise your hand. You understand that powering human achievement is ultimately about impacting a real person. You are looking for a place to grow and an environment where everyone has a spot and is genuinely welcome.
We’re better together: A bright, driven person like you and an industry-leading powerhouse like BAL? It’s a perfect combination! We truly want to see you succeed here and become an integral part of our mission to provide an experience that makes a positive difference in people’s lives. Come be a part of something special, where you can have an impact and be valued just for being you!
This individual will be a part of the FP&A Department and will provide critical support to the firm’s annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis, financial reporting, and special projects. S/he will provide financial consulting and strategic support to management including preparing financial presentations, office/segment analysis, client profitability, headcount/compensation analysis, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, and other projects requested by management. The position will require the ability to mine and analyze various sources of data, consolidate the results, and deliver them to different departments across the firm on a regular and ad-hoc basis. This function is part of the analytical engine of the firm to provide business insights, determine trends/metrics and support firm-wide decision making. The Senior Financial Analyst will have regular contact with senior-level Attorneys and department executives and must communicate professionally and clearly. This position has tight deadlines and the ideal candidate will execute financial planning and analysis assignments with urgency.
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, compensation, expenses by functional area, capital expenditures and cash flow forecasting.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Take a lead role in the continued development and maintenance of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Financial Reporting, Operating Plan, and Modeling tools.
- Assist in the implementation and continual enhancement of a Business Intelligence Tool.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision-making purposes.
- Support Partners, Regional Managing Directors and department heads with regular reporting and in-depth analysis.
- Prepare presentations to Management.
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis.
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports.
- Develop and implement workflow process improvements.
- Work on special projects as directed.
Minimum Education Level:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience in the Finance department, including budgeting/forecasting, financial modeling, financial systems, internal financial reporting, and business operations support, preferably in the legal or professional services industry, is required.
- Familiarity with consolidations and cost allocations are desirable.
- Advanced MS Excel is required.
- Experience or familiarity with Aderant and/or Intellistat is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen with the ability to understand not only the details of the various transactions but also how those transactions impact high-level financial reporting.
- Strong fundamental understanding of accounting principles.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong troubleshooting ability, including performing root cause analysis.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure.
- Ability to work overtime when necessary.