At Children’s Health, we value the role each team member plays in helping us deliver on our mission of making life better for children. We take pride in providing a rich and rewarding career opportunities that enable team members to reach their highest potential.
Since 2009, we have held the AANC Magnet® designation for nursing excellence. We are nationally ranked in all 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report, serve as the primary pediatric teaching facility for University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and are recognized for quality care in every specialty.
For nine consecutive years, Children’s Health has been recognized as one of the 150 top places to work in health care by Becker’s Hospital Review. This esteemed list features healthcare systems which offer professional development, growth, excellent benefits and promotion of diversity above and beyond other organizations.
The Senior Financial Analyst role expands the traditional analyst role to data analysis, review and often presentation to senior leadership groups. The goal of this position is to support the organization in financial, operational and strategic planning goals.
This position also supports Apptio by gathering business requirements, design and maintenance of business applications, application configuration, systems testing and end-user production support. Apptio will provide both technical and functional support to the business and should have a solid understanding of the business processes and how they relate to the supported business applications. Persons in this position function in a consultative role, serving as a partner in decision making and problem solving by employing self-initiated and proactive assessments of leadership information needs. Coordinating with the Finance Managers and Directors, this person serves to mentor other Finance staff.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Work with operational leaders to advance hospital-wide initiatives (5-year plan, budgetary recovery efforts, etc.). Develop internal analytical tools in support of leaders' information requests.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the internal and external data systems that are utilized in the Finance area (currently: Kronos, Lawson and Strata)
- Provide day to day functional and technical support of TBM Solution (Apptio)
- Perform monthly close of TBM Solution to ensure that the appropriate fields and data was integrated into the application
- Develop an understanding of TCO data and its sources and ensure data quality and accuracy for consumption
- Engages and collaborates with technology and finance teams on Apptio initiatives such as cost transparency of technology assets, metrics and data governance
- Continues to be aware of TBM Solution's roadmap and new capabilities and identifies training or conferences to further enhance skill-set
- Gather and translate Apptio
- At least 1 year of Apptio experience is required
- At least 5 years of analyst experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to develop multiple solutions to moderately complex problems and recommend the best solution to the business and project team
- Run simulation analyses on scenarios to evaluate proposed business plans.
- Basic financial understanding including budgeting, variance analysis and financial statements
- Experience working in complex and cross functional projects, with emphasis on systems, technologies, business process redesign and knowledge of technical environments
Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent work experience is required
Children’s Health offers opportunities for learning and career development; competitive pay; and a comprehensive benefits program. We promote a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our team members have a voice in their work through surveys, pulses and town halls. And we honor and celebrate our staff with year-round employee appreciation events.
We invite you to learn more about Children’s Health.
Location: Dallas, Texas
Activation Date: Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 1, 2020