At Beazer, we build homes. We also build careers. Driven by a purpose to create durable and growing value, the team behind each home across the country is diverse, ambitious, and dedicated. Together, we shape an environment that encourages learning and community engagement, provides opportunities for advancement, and aligns compensation with performance.
We look for those who believe in the power of choice, teamwork, improvement, openness, and urgency; who approach their work with an attitude of focus, grit, and accountability; and who will be guided by the principles of safety, integrity, respect, and fun.
Overview: The Sr. Financial Analyst is at the center of financial and operational reporting and analysis for their Division. They are intimatelyinvolved in nearly every aspect of the Division’s operations including: sales, land acquisition and development, construction,customer service, purchasing, and escrow / closings. Sr. Analysts are challenged to proactively identify business opportunities andrisks and work in concert with the FP&A Manager and / or the Director of FP&A to translate them into action items that drivebusiness decisions. The Sr. Financial Analyst aids in preparation of the Company’s detailed monthly financial forecast, includingkey operating statistics, income statement, balance sheet and cash flows.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides financial support to the Division President and each division department head
- Aids in preparation of the 3 year strategic plan, annual plan for the division and regular updates for those plans
- Creates, maintains, and reports on the margin expectations for the division
- Generate financial proformas and sensitivity analyses for prospective land purchases
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of land development budgets
- Maintain and monitor production universe and cycle time analysis to ensure forecasted results are achievable
- Create and maintain pricing strategies for all homes being sold in the Division
- Analyze competitors for pricing/feature changes and present recommended changes for each of the Division’s communities
- Involved in the month end close process, including reconciling/reporting monthly unit activity to Corporate FP&A
- Ensures compliance with SOX controls as directed by Corporate Accounting
- Perform ad-hoc financial modeling and analysis
- Drives other Corporate and Division projects, as needed
Education & Experience
- BBA/BS in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- 2-4 years prior finance or accounting experience
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
Skills & Abilities
- Organized and detail oriented
- Motivated to learn and succeed
- Flexible to respond to changing Division and Corporate priorities, and perform varying tasks as necessary
- Autonomous self-starter
Technical Knowledge & Experience
- Intermediate to Advance level excel user (including pivot tables)
- Hyperion, Essbase & JDE experience a plus
- Typical office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Additionally, an employee's job duties may change at any time, in the company's sole discretion.
Personal Information Collection Notice for Job Applicants