Fender Musical Instruments Corporation ("FMIC") is located in Hollywood, CA. Our brand mission is to accompany each player at every stage with products and brand experiences that fuel the pursuit of musical expression. Within Fender Global Finance, we are focused on adding pro-active value at every step of the business process. Our mission is to drive effective decision support that enables the company to make critical decisions timely and accurately.
An American icon, Fender was born in Southern California and has built a worldwide influence extending beyond the studio and the stage. A Fender is more than an instrument, it’s a cultural symbol that resonates globally.
Our finance team is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst based in Hollywood, CA to be the lead in providing financial support and guidance for our Global Marketing organization and G&A functional areas. This role will work closely with marketing functional leaders and executive functional leaders as well as give exposure to FP&A processes and provide the opportunity to gain a strong understanding of key business and financial drivers, products and customers.
About the Job:
- Provide analytical support for the $40M+ marketing budget at a functional and global level by collaborating with marketing functional leadership and CMO
- Lead the forecasting, annual budget, and strategic plan processes in support of the Marketing and G&A functions
- Partner with Fender Digital team to understand key performance indicators for user acquisition on digital product offerings
- Assist with building business cases to support decision-making and allocation of resources
- Prepare, analyze and communicate monthly departmental spend with comparisons to budget, forecast and prior year
- Highlight and determine root cause of unexpected variances.
- Prepare financial reporting and management presentations in support of monthly business reviews, corporate and board reporting.
- Collaborate with Marketing functional leaders to develop ROI analysis for various campaigns and initiatives.
What you Need:
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Strong computer and system skills; Hyperion financial system and SAP experience is preferred.
- Proven analytical ability.
- Experience as a business partner to management with excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work within a matrix environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Budgeting and forecasting experience.
- Financial modeling experience.
- Working knowledge of P&L/working capital.
- Customer service oriented.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Capable of working well independently and in a team environment.
About Fender Musical Instruments:
Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC) is one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors, whose portfolio of brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel® and Groove Tubes®, among others. For more information, visit www.fender.com. FMIC offers a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental, 401(k), paid time off, and an equipment purchase program to help you get the band back together. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, or any other protected factor.