Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The Senior Financial Analyst for Operational Loss will report directly to the Vice President of Operational Risk, providing financial analysis, modeling, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, variance analysis, cost-benefit analysis and other decision support services to division leaders within Production, Servicing and Corporate lines of business. The role requires in-depth business knowledge and advanced skills in data manipulation to translate business needs into insights and analysis to support the achievement of business objectives and strategic priorities. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, highly analytical, and detail oriented.
* Partner in the build out of a new functional capability for operational loss; work with the executive team and other key stakeholders to provide analytics and insights to enhance efficiencies, identify challenges, and quantify operational performance risk.
* Develop and maintain executive dashboards for operational loss to track performance and support decision making by C-Suite leaders and functional heads.
* Respond to on-demand (ad hoc) requests for aggregated data, reporting and analysis to facilitate critical decision making and evaluation of processes in support of evolving business requirements.
* Create financial models that accurately predict the financial and operational results of the business under various circumstances. This includes identifying key drivers and developing forecast expectations.
* Working with Finance partners, consolidate financial results from the lines of business to create an enterprise view.
* Organize and incorporate financial, operational and other data, resulting metrics and measures into developed material to better facilitate review and decision making. Organize material and prepare presentation content as needed.
* Contribute to the continued development of report automation and self-service distribution through Tableau, Salesforce, and other platforms.
* Develop domain knowledge of Caliber's businesses to include an understanding of short-term goals and long-term strategies for the organization.
* Maintain broad influence through ongoing development of relationships across the organization. Manage business relationships and cultivate an environment of mutual trust and integrity.
* Ensure compliance with Caliber policies, processes and practices.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting Economics or related field with 5-7 years financial reporting experience.
* Masters in Business Administration (MBA), CPA or CFA strongly preferred.
* Previous experience in mortgage originations/ servicing/ industry preferred.
* 5-7 years of direct experience in an analytical and/or reporting role, with the ability to aggregate data and analyze the information to recommend creative solutions for key business challenges.
* Previous experience working cross-functionally, supporting diverse business operations in a matrix environment preferred.
* Previous experience interacting with executive management preferred.
* Advanced skills with examples of practical application of Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
* Demonstrated experience with Hyperion Essbase, BI tools such as Tableau and Power BI and/or SSRS (or another similar product) required.
* Strong SQL skills required.
Capabilities & Attributes
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain productive relationships across the organization.
* High learning agility with the ability to learn and integrate multiple business variables, make connections and recommend credible solutions.
* Strong analytical skills; solid decision making abilities coupled with sound judgment. Ability to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
* High quality orientation; strong attention to detail.
* Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; ability to prioritize & organize time to deliver consistent results.
* Self-starter; strong execution skills and a results orientation.
* Self-directed; comfortable working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
* High degree of professional maturity, integrity, ability to exercise appropriate discretion and maintain confidential data and information.
* High degree of business acumen; strong technical aptitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled