The Sr. Financial Analyst role is an integral part of the finance department and reports to the Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis. The role partners with sales and marketing and has high visibility to the executive leadership team.
Success is measured with collecting, monitoring and analyzing data to make strong recommendations for action.
Sr. Financial Analyst Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Additional duties may be assigned as required)
- Partner with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure customer reporting metrics and compensation are in line with company goals
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Identify financial trends and make recommendations to Senior Management
- Determine product costs by establishing standard costs; collecting operational data.
- Contribute to financial reports for senior management and Board of Directors
- Assist on ad-hoc projects and provide key business insights on corporate projects
- Implement budgets, forecasts, and reports within Adaptive Insights for Finance
- Corporate Finance, Developing Standards, Quality Management, Problem Solving, Process Improvement, Cost Accounting, Statistical Analysis, Financial Planning and Strategy, Reporting Research Results, Requirements Analysis, Financial Skills
- Strong communicator who can explain complex concepts to non-financial audiences
- Business Acumen. Knowledgeable of functional elements which are important for business profitability in order to influence, drive and positively impact business result
- Ability to make decisions and take initiative in the absence of perfect information
- Ability to build trust and gain support of personnel across organization
Education And/Or Experience:
- 5+ years in Accounting / Finance
- Preferred knowledge of / experience in NetSuite, Salesforce, SaaS experience.
- Required Adaptive Insights for Finance or Hyperion.
- Accounting / Finance Degree preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. The work environment may be in either an office setting, at the company’s data center, or at a third-party location for training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the company to comply with all employment laws and to afford equal employment opportunity to individuals in all aspects of employment, including in selection for job opportunities, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state or local laws.