Esurance is looking for a Sr. Financial Auditor to join a dynamic and award-winning team of individuals who are committed to making insurance smarter, easier, and dare we say- cooler. As part of a growing company that is focused on providing an outstanding customer experience, you’ll have the opportunity to expand your skills and discover your potential.
If you’re looking for a career at a socially conscious company that offers great benefits — including matching 401k and tuition reimbursement — then you may have just found your new home.
Esurance combines the spunk of a startup company with the backing of Allstate (the largest publicly held personal lines insurer in the U.S.) to create a unique, energized, and exciting place to work.
The Senior Financial Auditor is responsible for enhancing Esurance’s internal controls, risk management and governance practices through developing and completing financial and operational audits. In addition, this position will have responsibility for maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley documentation and performing Sarbanes-Oxley testing. Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluates company financial and operational risks and assist with development of the annual audit plan and audit programs.
- Leads and performs all phases of audits including planning, scoping, fieldwork, reporting and performing subsequent follow-up procedures.
- Identifies control weaknesses and be able to communicate audit findings effectively to members of management in an objective and persuasive manner.
- Assesses exposure resulting from ineffective controls and provide recommendations to address identified control deficiencies.
- Assists with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 control testing and compliance.
- Coordinates with external auditors.
- Understands Information Technology (IT) risks and incorporate audit plan steps to address IT risk areas
- Participates in special audit projects as assigned.
- Must have strong audit process fundamentals and be able to competently perform all phases of an audit.
- Must have strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with business owners and senior level management.
- Understanding of GAAP and related financial reporting requirements; knowledge of statutory accounting principles a plus.
- Willingness to embrace change and show flexibility in assignments and the work environment.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Must possess effective project management skills with the ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Able to travel approximately 5% of the time. Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, a related field, or equivalent education required.
- Must have minimum of four years progressive audit experience in a public accounting firm (Big 4 firm preferred or second tier) or equivalent experience as an internal audit staff member with the ability to perform all stages of the audit.
- Must have experience performing risk assessment, process and control analysis, and process improvement recommendation/implementation.
- Experience with property/casualty insurance or technology company is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred. Physical Demands and Work Environment: Representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to operate a PC and sit for extended periods of time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Esurance, being committed to our employees is not just something we say, it’s something we do. Our benefits package is designed to help our associates stay healthy, meet their long-term financial goals, and balance the demands of work and personal life. Esurance rewards hard work, dedication, and creativity with competitive salaries and a generous bonus system. We are committed to our employees and we are dedicated to creating a diverse, positive, innovative and team-oriented work environment.
Health & wellness
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Life insurance (company-paid and supplemental)
- Accidental death and dismemberment coverage
- Wellness coaching and incentives
- Group critical illness coverage
- Accident indemnity and hospital indemnity plans
- Group legal
- 401(k) plan with annual matching contribution
- Referral bonuses
- Performance-rewarding bonus system
- Tuition assistance program (up to $5,250 per year)
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
Family & Community
- Adoption assistance
- Maternity leave
- Buckle Up Baby program
- Pet insurance discount
- Charitable gift matching
- Give Time, Get Time volunteer program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability (employee-paid option)
- Paid time off (holidays, vacation, personal choice days)