TheSr.Clinical Data Analystis responsible and accountable for delivering Quality/No Harm, Customer Experience, and Stewardship by providing clinical knowledge and expertise, providing development and design of dashboard and analytic solutions, providing support to the business for, and with business users, all in support of the strategic clinical objectives of Health First.
Possess statistical, analytical and reporting skills.
Develop and design visual business intelligence solutions (dashboards, visualization solutions).
Analyze data based on multiple factors / variables, detecting patterns and trends, interpreting data, integrating new information, making connections between data, with ability to communicate these findings clearly to executive stakeholders.
Represent clinical development of data for use in analytics applications. Develop exploratory visualizations, dashboards, and analytical tools for reporting, to support clinical, data management, and operations. Collaborate with key stakeholders in the clinical setting, playing a key role in the user requirements. Maintain data integrity and quality, participating in data quality review activities and efforts to resolve data quality issues.
Visual business intelligence solutions (dashboards, visualization solutions).
Knowledge and basic understanding of statistical analysis /statistical modeling.
Data extraction, compile, analyze and evaluate data.
Knowledge of ICD-9 (10), CPT and other code sets.
Able to accurately apply data to clinical issues.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
Ability to quickly learn new systems, platforms and software packages.
Must be able to manage multiple projects and processes at the same time.
Must be able to effectively communicate findings to stakeholders.
Demonstrated ability to relate well with all customers and peers.
- Protect the confidentiality of information and patients in accordance with all applicable laws and policies.
- Ensure reports that relate to patient safety are accurate and used appropriately.
- Maintain and enhance information system knowledge required to complete duties.
- Understanding of clinical and financial concepts necessary for reporting solutions.
- Design and produce accurate quality and outcome information.
- Work in a team environment to achieve optimal efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understands the impact of clinical processes and decisions on financial performance. Ensures all proposals promote high quality care and no harm to our patients
- Stays current with changes in the delivery of healthcare so that proposals are always relevant and understood by clinicians
- Evaluates clinical resource utilization from an IDN perspective. Works to move IDN away from a silo mentality. Identifies and communicates flaws in proposals that benefit sub-units at the expense of the IDN
- Generates innovative solutions by approaching problems with curiosity and open mindedness, using existing information to its fullest potential.
- Effectively interact with customers using excellent communication skills to achieve outstanding satisfaction.
- Continually seeks and capitalizes upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen stakeholder expectations.
- Prioritize work plans and manages time effectively.
- Perform all other duties as assigned to support the general operations and on-going success of the organization while evoking creative and innovative thinking from team members.
- Supports all levels of management with clinical, operational and financial information support within the scope of the dept mission
- Prepares supporting documentation, reports, and training and presentation materials. Assist management in the preparation and communication of concepts and initiative.
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timelines, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing Health First’s needs.
- Assists in the collection, consolidation, and validation of required information and data to maintain data integrity.
- Supports achievement of specific annual department goals and objectives set by the manager with enthusiasm and insightful participation.
- Provide financial feasibility assessment of initiatives and ongoing support to implementation teams to achieve real savings
- Utilizes appropriate systems and is able to extract and analyze information as necessary. Performs chart review in support of overall analysis if initiative.
5+ years recent clinical acute care experience required with current licensure in field (RN preferred).
Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
Experience in clinical data analysis and statistical programming with a strong understanding of a variety of analysis techniques.
Proficiency with data visualization and analytics tools.
Experience with database languages (e.g., SQL) a plus.
Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
Knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated, responsible self-starter, with excellent time management skills.
- Excellent analytical, research, & problem solving skills.
Committed team player, delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency.
- Builds expert knowledge and conveys knowledge to others.
- Enthusiasm and high level of job interest.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.