The Senior Operations Analyst supports finance and operations through analysis and critical thinking around financial and business performance. Leads and coordinates month end financial analysis, the financial planning process and financial planning reporting. Completes various financial projects and ensures data integrity of output. Assists business partners with routine and ad-hoc analysis and anticipates financial needs based on thorough understanding of the business requirements. Regularly communicates with business partners regarding performance and operational initiatives.
- Using system tools and critical thinking to provide detailed insight into operational performance and collaborate with the business partner to resolve problems, address variances, and determine current and future risks based on monthly and year-to-date results.
- Maintain positive and trusting relationships with business partners and finance colleagues to effectively maximize performance; utilizing communication skills, facilitation skills, knowledge of team dynamics, and a commitment to continuous improvement to achieve results.
- Using various software applications obtain relevant information, relate and compare data from different sources, and validate the reasonableness of the data. Perform complex financial, statistical, productivity and cost analytics. Interpret the data to discover underlying causes, patterns, relationships and trends to identify areas of improvement and alternative solutions to aid in decision making and process improvement activities. Collaborates with business partners throughout the process to ensure accurate conclusions are drawn from the information.
- Lead and prepare feasibility studies and pro forma analytics for proposed projects, programs, services or capital commitments. Manages the process and compares actual performance to projected results.
- Collaborate with business partners and provide financial support and problem solving for operating and capital requirements. Actively plan and manage project progress and communicate status and observed bottlenecks. Monitor operation outcomes relative to expectations and communicate opportunities to enhance outcomes
- Collaborate with business partners to proactively monitor revenue cycle, resource utilization, supplies, inventory and other expense trends and issues.
- Provides education, training and coaching to business partners on the effective use of financial systems and tools, as well as how to read and interpret financial information and reports.
- Maintains knowledge and ensures departmental compliance with relevant organizational, accounting and departmental laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned, such as: system testing and support related to implementation, conversion or development, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or closely related
- 3-7 years. Experience in analyzing financials and business operations; 2 years specific to HealthCare.
- 5-10 years. Experience in analyzing financials and business operations in a healthcare setting
Additional Preferred Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- Microsoft Office Suite,
- GL software – Peoplesoft, Lawson/Infor preferred
- EPIC or EMR experience
- experience with business intelligence software.