Albany Engineered Composites (AEC) is one of the most technically advanced designers and manufacturers of lightweight composite aerospace structures, subassemblies and components. For more than 50 years, AEC has innovated advanced composite solutions for defense and commercial industries in applications from large commercial transports to fighter jets and commercial and military rotorcraft.
Our composite design and fabrication expertise can be found on many commercial platforms such as Boeing's 7-series family, the Airbus A380 aircraft as well as Sikorsky S-76 helicopter. For defense programs, AEC provides a wide range of products including complete structural assemblies, flight critical components, primary and secondary structural elements for platforms such as the F-35 Lightning II, the CH-53K Heavy-lift Helicopter and the Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile (JASSM).
AEC is committed to delivering high-quality, economical composite solutions to our customers. Significant investment in infrastructure and automation ensures AEC is positioned to maximize that value, offering the right processes to meet our customer's needs.
The Financial Planner & Analyst will provide analysis of results, advice and leadership regarding achieving operations plans and business objectives with the primary focus of supporting the financial oversight of the Salt Lake City, UT facility. In addition the position is responsible for finance practices and objectives that drive a high performance culture emphasizing empowerment, quality and high productivity standards.
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following values: Safety, Fact Based, Accountable, Respectful, Persistence and Ethical.
* Put Safety first at all times, never compromise on safety for the obtainment of other objectives. Responsible for health and safety of themselves and coworkers.
* Program P&L forecasting for Operating plan and multi-year planning
* Analyzing and working with local management to explain the months/quarters results
* Mid-month analyze on how the business is tracking for the current month
* Operations Excellence - working with the operations team and peer groups on implementing and driving lean. Including reporting at the P&L level and cell based metrics
* Ad hoc analysis - Supporting bid & proposal efforts with in house new business development. Managing the cost reporting for new business development programs
* Cost accounting -- working with the operations and cost accounting team to ensure product costing is reflective and inventory is appropriately managed.
* As required profitability analysis
* Office environment, duties performed indoors, moderate to quiet noise and comfortable temperatures. Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions levels. Ability to work 24/7 schedule and be available as business situations require. Some may be able to do part of their work remotely. Travel may be required.
* Bachelor degree in accounting or finance (MBA Preferred)
* 3-5 years of prior financial analyst experience
* Ability to develop team resources
* Ability to work independently and as a team member with minimal supervision
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
* Strong sense of commitment to meeting deadlines
* Government contracting experience is a plus
* Experience in SAP a plus
* Occasionally positions self to move an item >10 lbs.
* Frequently move about the production floor and office area to attend meetings or trainings
* Must be able to remain in a stationary position up to 75% of the time
* Frequently operates a computer, enters data into systems, verifies information, etc...
* As a Department of Defense Contractor we are required to hire US Persons.
* Visa sponsorship is not being offered.
Top notch benefits program including generous 401(k) match, paid time off, personal days and strong commitment to work/life balance.
How to Apply:
We follow OFCCP guidelines for accepting applications.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled