This individual will be responsible for generating and developing new food products, line extensions and reformulation from bench top through manufacturing scale up. They provide technical expertise and coordination of new product development within company guidelines and regulatory standards.
- Must have good culinary skills, ability to formulate recipes and to develop and coordinate products from bench top to commercialization. May include but not limited to:
- Reporting results and providing advice to appropriate departments during the product development process.
- Developing new ingredient statements, cooking instructions, serving suggestions and nutritional panels.
- Accurately maintaining new, existing and discontinued product formula records.
- Documenting new raw ingredients and maintaining proper documentation of suppliers.
- Arranging R & D trials in production through proper channels.
- Establishes product controls and procedures to insure that newly developed products meet the customer needs as well as meet established company and regulatory standards (USDA and FDA).
- Independently supports Sales and Marketing in customer presentations and concept identification.
- Independently coordinates activities with counterparts in Operations and Quality Assurance during the commercialization phase.
- Adheres to R&D procedures, GMP, GSP and safety standards.
- Train or delegate training of employees as required. Evaluate skills and performance of employees and make appropriate recommendations.
- Maintains discipline of employees under their jurisdiction in accordance with established rules and regulations. Initiates verbal and written warnings and recommends further disciplinary action as required.
- Promote a positive team oriented attitude.
- Perform all other work as required.
- Over five years of demonstrated accomplishments in product development, preferably in a multi sales channel environment. Experience in Asian food product development is required.
- B. S. in food science or a related technical degree is required.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with cross functional members within the organization.
- Computer experience is a must.
- Needs to be a self-starter, goal-oriented, focused and flexible.
- Possess strong technical skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to taste food products including food animal products.