The Vertex Companies, Inc. (VERTEX) is an employee-owned AEC firm that offers forensic, engineering, construction and environmental solutions. We have approximately 500 employees occupying 25+ offices throughout North America. We care about our clients AND our employees so we operate with a constant sense of urgency and always look to add-value. This strategy has allowed us to grow with our clients over the past 24 years at a rate of 30% per year. We have been able to maintain exceptional quality through this constant growth cycle because of our lifetime of learning program which keeps us ahead of the curve in a constantly evolving economy. Bottom line…we deliver.
For more information about VERTEX visit us here http://vertexeng.com/.
The Sr. Forensic Structural Engineer we are looking for will be a Licensed Professional Engineer (civil or structural), responsible for overseeing a wide variety of tasks, including but not limited to field inspections and written reports for residential and commercial property damage claims and forensic investigations involving construction defect claims. Provide investigation and review for multiple projects; provide detailed investigative reports and findings to senior management and clients, primarily law firms and insurance companies. Client satisfaction is essential.
- Effective management of all assigned tasks; meeting budget and delivery time frames; ensuring client satisfaction
- Ensuring that assignments are executed with technical proficiency, accuracy, and professionalism
- Single day and occasional overnight travel to assignments in region one to three days per week and provide multiple day support to other regions in the event of a natural disaster
- Developing technical specialization and expertise that benefits the company and broadens our service offerings
- Professional development, continuing education, and advancement of credentials. Individuals should have independent initiatives as well as company – sponsored development goals
- Participating in business development ventures and presentations, including regular contact with existing and prospective clients in the region
- Make employee safety a priority both in-house and on-site, in accordance with corporate policy
Other tasks as assigned by Senior Management
- Proficient with building envelope requirements for commercial and residential building structures including concrete, wood, and steel
- Previous experience in the structural design of residential structures and experience with residential property damage claim investigations
- Previous experience in supporting litigation matters is preferred
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with co-workers, clients and subcontractors
- Prefer a minimum of five to ten years experience in design and construction related activities of residential and commercial structures or design and inspection of residential and commercial structures
- Forensic investigation experience required.
Knowledge & Skills
- Strong knowledge of the residential (IRC), commercial (IBC) and existing (IEBC) I-codes
- Understanding of wood framing and foundation components
- Understanding of building envelope requirements preferred
- Must be able to perform complex tasks and handle multiple priorities, and have the ability to perform exceptionally under high stress conditions
- Knowledge of computer operations and standard software packages (word processing, spreadsheets, Adobe) required
- MathCAD not required but beneficial
- Professional Registration (PE in GA, AL and FL or ability to obtain within 6 months) required
- Bachelor’s of Science in Civil Engineering (with emphasis in structures)
- Advanced degree not required but beneficial
- Able to carry and operate a 24-foot extension ladder unassisted
- Able to walk on sloped roofs
- Able to work in small spaces (attics, crawl spaces)
The Vertex Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. M/F/D/V. 11