TISTA Science and Technology Corporation, an innovative IT professional services firm located just outside the Washington DC beltway, is looking for candidates with a high degree of versatility, integrity, and technical ability for a novel research and development program benefitting some of the most-prestigious government agencies. TISTA’s approach is to go beyond contractual requirements and pursue innovative projects that allow it to exceed customer requirements. In addition to developing with leading-edge application web/mobile and big data frameworks, employees will be challenged to demonstrate creativity and adaptability; the ability to safeguard sensitive information and work independently; and the ability to contribute on tight-knit, cross-functional teams within an agile, startup culture.
TISTA Science and Technology Corporation is seeking a Sr. Full Stack Developer to join our growing team.
- Design and develop scalable web applications with rich and modern user experiences
- Work with engineering team to investigate design approaches as well as evaluate new technology and technical feasibility
- Maintain central databases, ensure high performance, respond to requests from the front-end
- Collaborate with engineering team to forecast functionality that will be developed during each sprint
- Write high-quality and reusable production code
- Create prototypes, mockups, and staging sites for review and feedback
- Optimize applications to ensure high performance
- Implement comprehensive security and data protection
- 3+ years of professional production experience with React.js, Express.js, Node.js or similar frameworks
- 3+ years of professional production development experience with leading-edge server and database technologies (e.g., React.js, Express.js, Node.js, MySQL, and NoSQL databases
- Experience with professional production cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience with RESTful Services and APIs
- Portfolio or samples of past work and projects
- Experience working on a cross-functional Scrum team
- Strong understanding of development best practices (e.g., coding standards/reviews, testing operations)
- Experience using version control systems such as Git
- Experience using issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Must be able to obtain a government clearance
- Rockville, MD
Here at TISTA Science and Technology we value our Veterans and encourage all to apply!
TISTA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.