This position supports Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) for the Grants Modernization program (FEMA GMM). The FEMA GMM program represents a multi-year effort for IT Modernization and Transformation that will better enable citizens and first responders to apply for and be awarded Federal disaster and non-disaster grants.
The Karsun team is responsible for new application development, maintenance, enhancement, and operation. This position requires US citizenship, and all employees must be able to pass a Federal Suitability Check for a position of public trust. The Karsun software development team is responsible for the software design and implementation of replacement and modernization of existing legacy applications.
Successful candidates are modern development specialists experienced in translating business requirements into software architecture. In addition to strong software development skills, ideal candidates have demonstrated experience in working on an Agile Scrum team. Primary location is Herndon, VA and will require occasional travel to DC and Winchester for customer meetings.
- Designing, developing, troubleshooting and debugging software within a project scope ensuring that work product meets end user acceptance criteria.
- Managing self-directed assignments to resolve software defects or implement features to meet schedule commitments with a high-level of quality.
- Performing architecture and design of large software components under the supervision of a Software Architect.
- Estimates and scopes development tasks, and makes recommendations for innovations and improvements relating to software component designs, including reviewing the work of team members completing elements of designs.
- Develops and executes Accepted Test Driven Development (ATDD) approach to ensure software quality.
- Acquires knowledge of industry and company standards, tools and technology with a focus on pragmatic application to business-focused software solutions through initiative and self-study.
- 5+ years of work experience developing in Java and J2EE (full stack)
- Ability to obtain Public Trust
- Extensive working experience of developing java web servers (SOAP or RESTFul) using the Open source frameworks, e., Axis, CXF, and JAX-WS
- Extensive working experience in XML technologies, e., XML, XSD, XSL and JAXB, etc.
- Working experience in testing frameworks JUnit/TestNG
- Working experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean, Kanban)
- Experience of JIRA or Rally
- Knowledge of Automated Test Driven Development (ATDD) tools such as Selenium, Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber
- Experience with development in Cloud and DevOps
- Experience with or exposure to CI/CD tools such as Ansible and Jenkins is an advantage
- Ability to work under challenging deadlines and constraints, to deliver
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or other related scientific or technical discipline with 8 years IT experience.
Karsun Solutions is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information