The California Dental Association (CDA) is an innovative membership-based organization that’s committed to the success of dental professionals in service to their patients and the public.
Founded nearly 150 years ago by a small group of dentists, CDA has grown to become the single largest membership in the American Dental Association and a constant trusted resource for California dentists. CDA supports 27,000 members through all stages of their careers by offering dedicated expertise and services, including cutting-edge education, tools for the business side of dentistry, legislative advocacy and access to dentist-focused insurance.
Bring your best to CDA and enjoy generous pay plus a benefits package that includes medical/dental/vision, 22 days of vacation, 401(k) matching, profit sharing and education reimbursement. In addition, CDA offers with a robust employee wellness program, casual Fridays, and learning and leadership opportunities. To learn more about working at CDA, visit cda.org/careers.
The Senior Graphic Designer develops and creates visual concepts for all forms of communication, advertising and promotional materials. Collaborates with project teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects; by meeting with key stakeholders, consultants and/or vendors, to assess effectiveness of product imagery and presentation needs. Directly responsible for conceptualization and design from start to completion.
Essential Functions – must be able to perform with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Work within the creative team to develop exceptional concepts and design solutions for all digital and print experiences including: websites, mobile applications, email marketing, digital advertising, traditional print, direct mail, environmental and interactive displays.
- Create storyboards, stylescapes, wireframes and prototype mockups in order to refine and communicate design direction and design details.
- Present concepts that fully represent the rationale, process, and creative recommendation that anchors back to the creative brief or assignment.
- Create a design case explaining research, rationale and creative recommendation that anchors back to the original creative brief or assignment when applicable.
- Shape editorial content from a design perspective, creating illustrations, icons and information graphics, art directing, selecting or shooting photography for client projects.
- Collaborate with Marketing Specialists, Copywriters, and Email and Social Media Specialists to uphold creative standards and brand image in the execution of all projects.
- Art direct multi-faceted projects integrating all elements as required to produce a comprehensive execution.
- Receive direction and present proposed design/advertisting solutions while meeting deadlines on a variety of projects simultaneously. Ensure work is reviewed and approved before presentation.
- Meet timelines and deadlines required in achieving business objectives.
- Present thoughts solutions to peers, partners and management in a clear, professional manner. Where appropriate include research that will support chosen strategies.
- Maintain an up to date and organized set of files for project archive and utilizes the department’s digital assets management systems and file servers.
- Works with external vendors in to provide creative feedback on outsources projects, monitor accurate completion and communicate brand updates to these vendors as needed.
- Keep up-to-date with digital technology, proposing new technologies and sharing this knowledge with
- the team.
- Adhere to project timelines and partner with traffic manager to mitigate and escalate work issues and impacting parameters for project deadlines.
- Attend department, status, direction, presentation and feedback meetings to offer creative input, act as thought partner in problem solving and receive constructive feedback on active projects.
- Have in-depth knowledge of CDA and affiliate company products, markets, competition and audiences in order to create relevant and engaging content that helps drive engagement and revenue.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Licenses & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or visual communication with an emphasis on design for digital channels.
- Minimum 5 years design experience working in a design or advertising agency and/or corporate marketing & communications department.
- In-depth knowledge of current versions of Adobe Creative Suite, (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Preferred Education, Licenses & Experience
- Experience working in Adobe XD, SketchApp or other prototyping tools.
- Familiarity with web content management systems and social media asset creation.
- Understanding of email marketing, HTML and web-based graphics.
Working Conditions Occasionally (1-33%) Frequently (34-66%) Constantly (67-100%)
- Constant standing, bending, sitting, kneeling
- Occasional overnight travel