Senior Network/firewall Engineer
Location: Detroit, MI
Duration: 12 months
Department: Network Data Services
Provide assistance with implementing firewall and network changes in support of project portfolio processing requests for client and Emerging Markets.
- Firewalls :
- Palo Alto
- F5 load balancers : LTM, ASM, APM
- Experience with Azure, AWS or similar IaaS cloud offerings
Preferred Skills/Experience Include:
- Cisco Networking (knows IP addressing and troubleshooting)
- Understanding of routing protocols, including EIGRP and BGP.
- Packet analysis: Wireshark, etc.
- Experienced working in virtualized environments.
- Assist in the installation of network and securdevices
- Research problems and recommend network solutions
- Drive configuration policies and compliance ensuring standards are met
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work off hours during the evenings and weekends as required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with related technologies
- Secondary Responsibilities
- Experience with the design and maintenance of Cisco wireless environments both standalone and controller based.
- Experience supporting a SNMP monitoring based solution like Solar Winds.
- CCNP preferred
- Checkpoint CCSA, CCSE preferred
- Palo Alto ACE, PCNSE preferred
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or networking required.
- Masters degree in computer science, or related field preferred.
- 10 years of IT work experience in multiple IT areas and 2 years of relevant enterprise-wide experience in multiple technology areas required.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge in three major technology areas.
- Knowledge of the business required.