The Sr HR Systems/Operations Analyst will report to the Director of Operations and Enablement and will be a critical member of Edelman Financial Engines HR team. The Sr Analyst will primarily focus on technology, tools and platforms and processes across the HR complex. We currently have several HR systems, with our HRIS being Ultimate, though our HR Management Platform today includes a variety of other systems (Reflektive, Curo, Jobvite, etc.). Goal is to evaluate current platform and work towards building the right future enablement focusing on client experience (internal and external) based on effectiveness and efficiency.
The Sr Analyst owns the configuration of business processes and supports various aspects of continued development, implementation and maintenance of all technology, tools and platforms. The role is responsible for harmonizing processes while localizing to meet specific requirements. A significant portion of the work is related to the system updates released each year, the implementation of continual improvement projects between system updates and providing technical system support to our end users. The successful candidate must be analytical, have the ability to multitask, be a self-starter and quick learner. This role will work broadly across HR, Technology, Security and external vendors.
The Sr Analyst will also be responsible for analysis and administration (data and information management, reporting and analytics, auditing, systems administration). This role requires someone with a strong emphasis on systems and processes. Individual will touch multiple phases of the employee life cycle including employment (hiring/termination), benefits, reporting, auditing, etc.
- Overall responsibility for the integrity and accuracy of data in our systems
- Process and data configuration within all HR platforms
- Configuration of business processes: design, build, test and deploy new BP's as well as update existing BP's (create calculated fields, condition rules for data)
- Administration to include: test all quarterly and/or annual releases, create, update and execute test scripts, log cases with the vendor when issues are identified
- Point person on all reporting and analytics: design, build, maintain/iterate across all needs (general HR, DE&I, TA, etc.)
- Be an active member of the systems knowledge sharing community: create and vote on brainstorms, participate in groups, apply knowledge gained
- Configure and initiate annual programs such as Talent, Compensation, Performance. Partner with COEs on delivery of these processes; key stakeholder in implementation and maintenance of HRIS associated with the collection, retrieval, accessibility and usage of employee information for the HR department planning and activities.
- Set up and maintenance of business data such as Job Profiles, Locations, Cost Centers, Bonus Plans etc. Determine root cause of data related issues regarding integration errors and partner with IT Analysts and Developers to analyze and improve integrations related to Ultimate
- Provide data to auditors as needed, perform audits and provides input on changes to processes to ensure compliance with SOX and COSO Identifies tools and resources to improve effectiveness of the function (i.e., survey tools, record keeping, and shared resources for the HR team).
- Works with IT to stay abreast of the latest technology and identifies/recommends how to leverage these to increase productivity, access to information, and ease of use for employees.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5 years of experience in a HR system support role, HCM or ATS support ideal
- Prior experience with HRMS; Ultimate/UltiPro highly desirable but not required
- Working knowledge of HR processes and procedures highly desirable
- Experience implementing systems and integrating existing systems
- Strong analytical, multitasking and interpersonal skills required
- Must be a self-starter, take initiative, comfortable with web-based learning and be curious
- Must be detail orientated while keeping eye on the bigger picture
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Maintain confidentiality
- Occasional weekend work in order to support updates; after hours work in order to support time zones
Edelman Financial Engines is the top independent investment advisor in America, recognized by both InvestmentNews1 and Barron’s2, with a nationwide network of planner locations and over $200B in assets under management for 1.2 million clients. Edelman Financial Engines is the combination of Edelman Financial Services and Financial Engines. In 2018, the companies merged their expertise and shared mission to create the largest independent financial planning and investment advisor with a national network of planner locations. Together, the combined company is the nation’s largest investment advisor, with total assets double that of the nearest competitor.
While headquartered on opposite coasts, there was no divide between what each company stood for – helping hardworking Americans enjoy a successful financial future. Edelman Financial Services was founded more than 30 years ago in Fairfax, Virginia by acclaimed financial advisor Ric Edelman. In 1987, Ric and his wife and business partner, Jean, were convinced that the financial services industry was failing to serve the vast majority of Americans. By putting client needs first, the company has become one of the nation's largest independent financial planning and investment management firms. Born on a similar principle of providing unbiased advice, Financial Engines was founded more than 20 years ago in Silicon Valley on the principle that average American investors deserve unbiased comprehensive financial planning and professional grade investment management and advice. Founded by noble prize-winner Bill Sharpe, Financial Engines pioneered online investment advice and transformed the way people plan, save and invest for retirement, regardless of their wealth or expertise. Since launching the online advice platform, Financial Engines has grown to become the dominant workplace RIA. In 2016, it expanded its presence to include a face-to-face network of advisors across the country with the acquisition of The Mutual Fund Store.
Now Edelman Financial Engines has an unparalleled combination of capabilities and channels that few firms in the industry can offer. The company’s unique approach, combined with powerful online services, dedicated advisors and personal attention, promotes greater financial wellness and helps more Americans to meet all their financial goals. Strong distribution channels allow the company to work with people at leading employers in America or directly through the 180 nationwide locations. The proprietary technology platform and digital marketing delivers a personalized and robust client experience. The wide breadth of services - from online education to phone-based advice to financial management and planning with a dedicated advisor – help meet clients on their journey in the ways they want to be approached. And upholding the highest fiduciary standard of care and the commitment to always acting in the best interest of clients is the foundation of the company.
It’s a privilege to be number one in the industry and the team recognizes the importance of that. It is transformational times in the financial services industry and the company will boldly impact the financial future of millions of people.