Are you a driven HR professional with passion? Are you looking for the opportunity to make a meaningful impact? Do you want to work in a high pace, high energy workplace bent on revolutionizing one of the most exciting industries – travel? Do you thrive in ambiguity and enjoy challenge? The Expedia Group's HR team is a service oriented, passionate team of skilled HR professionals and a fun team who enjoys working together in fast-paced, innovative Tech company.
We are looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner/Regional HR Manager to join our team. The role is focused on providing front-line manager coaching and ensuring an outstanding employee experience for Expedia Group employees in the Bay Area. Including manager support (front line Org Dev, Talent Management, etc.), employee engagement, and handling Employee Relations and compliance issues.
What you will do:
- Implement effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive through periods of change
- Provide group and 1-on-1 coaching with leaders to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, problem solving and performance management
- Identify employee relations trends and recommend solutions
- Own program implementation and employee experience for local employees
- Create and implement solutions to recurring employee performance issues
- Drive informed decision making through the use of data to identify trends, determine root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Identify and lead process improvements that improve operational rigor and the employee experience
- Define, develop, and support programmatic approaches to core rhythms of the business such as the annual review cycle
- Partner with HR Shared Services/Centers of Excellence HR teams to ensure the organization receives the necessary support
- Coach remote leaders with employees in region
- Develop new and innovative approaches to performance management issues
- Conduct employee investigations, work with leaders to resolve employee complaints, assist leaders with employee separations when needed, etc.
Who you are:
- 5-7 years of proven HR experience (HR business partner experience and/or Employee Relations).
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Commerce, Business or relevant field.
- Strong business acumen, consulting, analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation, and employee relations.
- Able to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments while maintaining a flexible approach and high tolerance for ambiguity.
- Able to work independently and within a team to achieve results.
- Able to travel as part of the role.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.