Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Department: Human Resources
FLSA Status: Exempt
MyComputerCareer owns and operates private accredited colleges across the United Sates as well as via the Internet from our corporate headquarters near Raleigh, North Carolina. Our schools serve the needs of thousands of students while giving employers an educated and skilled workforce in the markets where we are located.
We provide educational opportunities, including high demand certifications, for one aspiring to become an Information Technology professional. Our programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the job market and provide hands-on instruction. It is our goal to specialize in those areas for which the job growth potential is highest. Our hallmark is personalized, practical, real-world instruction that best prepares the student for his or her future while meeting the needs of employers. And, we pledge to accomplish that in an encouraging, resourceful, and enabling atmosphere.
To learn more about our company, please click here: www.mycomputercareer.edu
The HR Recruiter is responsible for the daily processing of employee files, payroll/tax processing, HRIS management, employee relations and serve as a Team Lead and backup to the Benefit Specialist and HR Coordinator roles under HR Operations. This position will be under direct supervision of the Director of HR to assist with projects as directed.
- Works with Leadership & HR team to assist with full cycle recruitment efforts for all Provo hires, including managing internal hires.
- Maintains other records, reports and logs pertaining to applicant flow procedures.
- Conducts new-employee orientations to obtain new-hire documents; coordinates pre-employment tests; conducts reference checks.
- Assists HR Director in training and development efforts.
- Assists department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all company employees.
- Experience in dealing with employee relations to help directors/supervisors effectively work through performance issues.
- Manage payroll process ensuring managers are timely and accurately approving PTO/timecards.
- Fully responsible for Paycom HRIS software- employee access, client/manager access and development/maintenance/implementation for Provo employees.
- Participates in benefit administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, vendor management.
- Monitor/Track LOA’s to include Family Medical Leave.
- Assists in the exit interview process.
- Responsible for system data accuracy and audit regularly.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database as needed.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment related to matters of significance such as payroll, benefits.
- Create and maintain OSHA logs related to workers compensation injuries.
- Partner with Compliance Administrator to ensure campus personnel development documents are obtained timely and uploaded to the employee file.
- Work with Compliance Administrator to ensure state Workforce documents are completed accurately for all employees and in the employee file.
- Assists HR Director with compliance and job description updates.
- Serve as a Team Lead under HR Operations, if necessary.
- Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned to help full business and HR department.
- Strong ability to show initiative and work independently.
- Attracts & helps to retain top talent.
- Collaboration skills provides good internal & external customer service.
- Excellent computer skills and commitment to use of technology.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Confidentiality is a must for this role.
- Ethical conduct always.
- Positive, helpful attitude.
- Excellent decision making.
- Strategic mindset, plans and aligns and remains action oriented even with roadblocks.
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or related field; or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the human resource function.
- Must have 5+ years of benefits & payroll administration.
- Must have knowledge of FLSA, federal, state, and local laws to include payroll procedures are followed for the states we operate in.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (required)
- Proficiency in computer systems to include Paycom HRIS.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to think outside the box.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Accrued PTO, Company paid benefits, Aggressive salary