Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides pharmacy services to patients, nurses, physicians, and other medical staff by interpreting and evaluating the validity and safety of orders and prescriptions. Acts as a therapeutic consultant in their practice area on core and more advanced medication issues. Performs education and training of students and residents.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy or Pharm. D degree from an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Three years experience.
- Completion of a residency program and one year of experience may be substituted for three years of required experience.
- Must be a Registered Pharmacist in the State of Texas.
- Must possess preceptor license from State Board of Pharmacy.
- Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Must have proficient computer skills.
- Must possess knowledge of drugs, procedure, equipment, common disease states and patient care monitoring within the assigned care areas.
- Must possess extensive mathematical skills.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must have delivered one major, structured presentation to a physician group and/or healthcare provider group(s) or three minor in-services or presentations.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.