The Sr. Internal Applications Engineer is responsible for maintaining and configuring the financial systems needed to support the business. The Sr. Internal Applications Engineer will be responsible for analyzing and configuring our ERP, CPQ, Billing and Revenue software, and will work with product owners and system users to design technical solutions to solve critical business needs and increase automation of operational processes. Responsibilities also include assessing needs and formulating solutions utilizing NetSuite software and other applications; initiating and leading related projects; and providing day-to-day support. This individual will also handle the administration of our billing and subscription platform. This is a key position responsible for ensuring process optimization and automation within Benefitfocus' suite of financial applications.
- Identify inefficiencies and opportunities; recommend solutions, improvements and controls
- Eliminate complexity and streamline business processes
- Setup and monitor meaningful reporting alerts and KPIs
- Meet with decision makers and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Partner with systems product managers and finance team to identify operational gaps
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing utilization and develop strategies for improving or leveraging further capabilities
- Maintain, configure, develop, and optimize financial systems and their respective integrations
- Implement new functionality and systems to support business needs, while maintaining security, scalability and best practices
- Track new and emerging trends in technology that may affect or benefit the company in its utilization of our financial systems
- Always ensure system integrity and security
Required Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years experience.
- 2+ years experience with Netsuite ERP
- Experience with commercial off the shelf CPQ, Billing and Revenue software such as Apttus or Zuora
- Must be process and detail oriented
- Ability to solve technical or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, experience, and knowledge
- Must be able to work within a team environment as well as independently
- High degree of personal ownership and accountability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills