About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The Sr. International Tax Analyst is responsible for the support and preparation of the various international aspects of Thermo Fisher’s U.S. income tax reporting and compliance including the preparation of forms 5471, 8858, 8865, calculation of foreign source income, expense allocations, and other related functions.
- Preparation of Forms 5471 and determination of Subpart F income, Section 78 gross-up, and other items that impact Thermo Fisher’s taxable income.
- Preparation of Forms 8858 and 8865 for various foreign checked subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Review of consultant prepared compliance work.
- Assist in the implementation and daily maintenance of OneSource DataFlow, WorkFlow, Worldwide Calendar, and FileRoom, licensed software products from Thomson Reuters.
- Analyze and review data provided by foreign affiliates and investigate unusual items, inconsistencies, or potential planning opportunities.
- Assist in preparing the calculation of Section 965, GILTI, BEAT, FDII and Section 163(j).
- The rules and reporting requirements under ASC 740 are becoming increasingly more complex as applied to Thermo Fisher Scientific. As such, this individual will be called upon to assist with preparation of quarterly and year-end income tax provision with regard to international subsidiaries and affiliates and to gather and analyze data to assist in the determination of the overall effective income tax rate.
- Tax Audits – The IRS and other tax jurisdictions are becoming far more aggressive in challenging business structure, transaction purpose, documentation and other area’s impacting the corporate income tax returns. This individual will work with Director and International Tax Manager to defend the Company with regard to international aspects of the U.S. federal tax filings.
- Participate in domestic and international tax projects as needed to support tax initiatives.
- Minimum of 3 to 7 years’ experience of public accounting and/or corporate tax, with a primary focus on international tax matters as they impact U.S. Tax returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting. CPA and/or Masters in Taxation preferred.
- Understanding of international tax issues and familiarity of international tax forms such as Form 5471, 8858, 8865, 1118 and others.
- Experience with OneSource RS
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Fundamental understanding and knowledge of US income taxation.
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem solving and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to perform in a multi-tasking, continually changing environment while meeting time sensitive deadlines.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications, especially Excel.