Overview of the role: The primary role of the Investment Director, is representing a select group of Investment Strategies on behalf of the relevant portfolio management team to clients, prospects and internal Hartford Funds stakeholders.
The primary focus will be coverage of our internally managed Multi-Factor strategies with secondary focus on a select sub-set of our externally sub-advised Active Fixed Income strategies. The Investment Director will be tasked with having expertise across traditional active fixed income and equities with a particular emphasis on quantitative, systematic/factor equity.
Serving as a subject matter expert proxy for the investment and research team, the Investment Director will be able to clearly articulate the driving philosophy and research that supports our investment strategies. The successful candidate will also provide consultation to existing clients and prospects to aide in understanding of how our investment strategies may fit within their broader portfolio context.
Additionally, the Investment Director will be capable of conducting broad capital markets, asset allocation, and portfolio construction consultation. The topic of product packaging or chassis (ETF vs Mutual Fund vs SMA etc) will also be an area where the successful candidate will be comfortable communicating and educating the various differences and tradeoffs of each.
The Investment Director will partner with our Advisor Consultants (ie. external wholesalers) across retail and institutional channels in the Central Region to educate financial advisors, analysts and CIO’s in order to support the gathering and servicing of assets within Hartford Funds’ suite of investment strategies. There will also be responsibilities for education among internal Hartford Funds stakeholders at the home office and in the field to ensure they are empowered to tell our story when we are not a part of the client interaction.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Partner with the Divisional Sales Manager and Advisor Consultants in the specified territory to provide value to clients through investment education.
• Educate and continually train the Advisor Consultants and Internal Stakeholders on various investment topics including specific investment strategies, capital markets, asset allocation, portfolio construction and product packaging.
• Effectively execute a partnership-oriented client interaction strategy with field personnel, in person, over the phone and via online tools
• Expertly represent investment strategies with a broad variety of audiences, from relatively new investors to sophisticated experts
• Maintain knowledge of industry-related topics and trends including competitive landscape
• Maintain proficiencies in delivering value-added presentations to advisors and other audiences
• Align with sales management on strategic, long-term initiatives as well as tactical opportunities and initiatives
• Capture data diligently and use it to enhance efficiency
• Import client insight to the firm: communicate and coordinate with investments, product, marketing, distribution, and client service teams
• Additional responsibilities will include ongoing interaction with senior management, as well as building and maintaining productive relationships with other Hartford Funds sales and support organizations.
• 60% or more travel is required
• Bachelor’s degree required (CFA, MBA, or advanced degree preferred)
• 10+ years of experience within the investment management industry
• Strong preference for experience as an investment/product specialist or similar role
• Strong knowledge across a variety of investment strategies, including but not limited to; systematic “factor” equity, active fixed income and multi-asset
• Deep knowledge of capital markets, asset allocation and portfolio construction
• Working knowledge across several product chassis including ETFs, Mutual Funds, SMA and CIT.
• Demonstrated track record of success in effectively communicating complex investment concepts to a variety of audiences
• High energy and a love of intellectually challenging client interaction
• Excellent listening, profiling and consultation skills
• Motivated team player with strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude is a must
• Series 7 and 63 required
WHY JOIN HARTFORD FUNDS?
Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Wayne, PA, Hartford Funds is a leading provider of mutual funds, strategic beta ETFs and 529 college savings plans. The company offers a broad range of strategies designed to provide solutions for a variety of investment needs. Excluding affiliated funds of funds, as of June 30, 2018, Hartford Funds Management Company, LLC and its wholly owned subsidiary, Lattice Strategies LLC, had approximately %24117 billion in discretionary and non-discretionary assets under management. Hartford Funds are primarily sub-advised by Wellington Management or Schroder Investment Management, two leading investment advisors.
At Hartford Funds, we believe in human-centric investing—a unique approach that utilizes deep research and insights to understand the rational and emotional ways investors think about money, their investments and their financial advisors, and then create solutions and advisor tools designed to serve those investors and their mindsets.
Hartford Funds embraces a true entrepreneurial spirit where all employees are encouraged to ‘act like an owner’ of the firm, and live Hartford Funds’ human-centric investing approach. Employees work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, that is focused on strengthening financial advisor-client relationships by helping investors better realize their true life goals.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION OPPORTUNITY?
At Hartford Funds, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, and more.
This position may be subject to The Hartford Funds political contributions policy.
Hartford Funds is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
Hartford Funds maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Job Investment Management
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Wayne
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Education Level:Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Shift Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Overtime Status: Exempt
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Job Posting:Jan 15, 2019, 10:26:23 AM
Remote Worker Option:Yes