Sr. Project Manager – IoT Analytic Solutions
Company: Hitachi America, Ltd.
Division: Social Innovation Business (SIB)
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Status: Regular, Full-Time
Social Innovation Business, Hitachi America, Ltd. (www.hitachi-america.us) is looking for a highly qualified and experienced Sr. Project Manager for Industrial IoT Analytics Solutions to join our Center for Social Innovation team based in Santa Clara, CA. Our team is engaged in building Big Data Analytics and IoT customer driven solutions. The focus is on developing innovative “first of a kind” analytics solutions and related IoT platforms by leveraging the combined resources of the entire Hitachi group. We are looking for an “out of the box thinker” who can project manage deployment of such innovative scalable solutions with customers that address not only current but anticipated future pain points with high Return-on-Investment (RoI). Customer projects range from “Proof of Concept (PoC) to “first time” pilot implementations both on premise and SaaS environments.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for project managing the complete life cycle of the solution engagements with customers as well coordinating with internal R&D, development, business teams and 3rd party partners. The Industrial IoT solutions cover the full stack of the solution from sensor data collection to analytics to “Actionable Insights”. These solutions normally are “first time” deployments which begin with a PoC leading to “first time” implementation and operationalization. The Project Manager will drive the project along with business development from PoC to implementation and be responsible for the success of project delivery.
This is a customer facing job that requires working at C level executives in both IT and OT organizations to understand customer pain points, translating into IoT solution. Understand technology and resource requirements and then work with internal teams to help architect the solution, develop proposals, write SoWs, win the PoC and then drive to full profitable deployment.
- Work closely with C level customer executives and internal teams of R&D, solution development, legal, Hitachi companies and 3rd party partners.
- Develop project plans, write SoWs and proposals.
- Coordinate internal resources and across Hitachi companies for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Establish and maintain relationships with third party partners.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- BSEE or CS required, MBA a plus.
- 10-12 years required of experience with solid understanding and/or hands-on experience in software or solutions development as a previous senior software professional combined with experience in Project management, driving agile teams, implementing agile practices, ceremonies and methodologies.
- Thorough understanding of IoT architecture as well as solution development and implementation process.
- Strong knowledge of Agile process (Scrum Framework, Lean and Scaled Agile Framework) and Agile transformation.
- Strong experience leading multiple Scrum Teams with SaaS platforms such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS Azure etc.
- Agile, PMP and CSM certifications preferred but not a requirement.
- Relevant experience in using agile tools like Jira or other similar tools.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible / adaptable in exercising judgment in a quickly changing environment
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Travel Percentage: 25%