DLP Engineer - Permanent Opening - Raleigh, NC
If you are interested in this role, please email your up-to-date resume to Maggie Romano at email@example.com!
The Data Loss Protection Engineer is responsible for articulating the architectural vision meeting information security requirements to protect Bank information assets, conceptualizing, defining, and evaluating alternate solutions and technologies. This role will lead efforts to develop and validate architecture and high level solutions design against security and architectural requirements. This individual will guide and mentor development teams/peers on methodologies, processes, and leading practices.
The position supports the people, process and technology used to deliver the Information Security Services. Program activities include:
- Technical and Program focused architecture, design and implementation of the DLP Service.
- Vision, strategy, and roadmap for DLP to meet risk mitigation objectives.
- Evaluation of process and technology deployment of DLP controls and business need
- Support, maintenance, or improvement of an existing DLP environment and program
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 7 years of experience in Information Technology and at least 3 years Symantec (or equivalent) DLP operational experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills, including the ability to influence without authority.
- Must have implemented and managed DLP program
- Must possess strong technical knowledge of DLP architecture, system policies, rules, etc.
- Coding/Scripting experience (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell).
- Proven experience with creating Regular Expressions.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and automation.
- Knowledge of data classification solutions.
- Knowledge of cryptographic implementations at media, file, and application levels.
- Experience with metadata management and data tagging and creating custom data analytics for data security.
- Extensive experience in Symantec DLP Incident Remediation and Policy Management.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Work well in team environments with internal and external resources as well as work independently on tasks.
- Strong organizational, and time management skills.
- Strong customer facing, interpersonal, and technical writing skills
- Threat Intelligence administration experience; have used or implemented the above program in some capacity, understanding incident response, analysis, rules, etc.
- Programming skills for improved automation is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud and on Premise DLP implementation.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Financial services experience
- Experience in a highly regulated industry sector (e.g. Government, Energy, Carrier-Telecommunications)
- Position relevant information security certifications (e.g. CISSP) and/or Symantec DLP Certification
- Microsoft Data Protection solutions experience
- Bachelor degree in a technology-related field
- Architecture and design for the environment
- Governance framework design
- Enterprise implementation planning
- Installation, testing, and validation of DLP system policies
- Strategic planning activities to determine environmental readiness for expansion
- Provide a solutions-driven, customer-centric approach to our clients’ data-security challenges
- Effectively create and maintain operational support documentation
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178