Our client is seeking an Information Technology Asset Management (ITAM) Lead with extensive experience in developing, implementing, and maintaining an enterprise level ITAM program. The ITAM lead will be responsible for the daily and long-term strategic management of IT hardware and software, the development of policies, standards, processes and procedures that encompass the lifecycle of an asset to include asset planning, asset procurement, asset deployment, asset management, asset support and asset disposition.
Experience in leading an ITAM program for an organization with more than 10,000 end users and an inventory of more than 70,000 assets. Experience with implementing and maintaining integrated software solutions to maintain a comprehensive asset inventory as well as experience establishing and maintaining a Configuration Management Database (CMDB). Familiarity with industry standards and best practices to include the ISO 19770 family, ITIL, ITSM, and the management of assets with respect to cost, risk control, IT governance, compliance, business objectives and mission. Individual must possess excellent oral and written communications skills and the ability to produce and present executive briefing materials.
- A minimum of 10 years of asset management experience with no less than four years serving in a managerial role within a mature asset management program.
- Demonstrated experience in managing service desk programs where team members and customers are located at multiple locations.
- Experience working in a collaborative integrated ITSM environment supported by multiple contractor organizations.
- Hands on experience utilizing automated ITSM tools to support the asset management life-cycle.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering or business administration or 10 years of equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of IT including engineers, developers, analysts, and senior management.
- Proven effective communications, leadership, consulting and client management skills and experience.
- ITIL v3 Foundations or higher level certification.
- PMP Certification preferred.