Oportun is a mission-driven, technology-powered provider of inclusive, affordable financial services and a certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI).
We seek to serve the 100 million people in the US who are shut out of the financial mainstream because they are credit invisible or are mis-scored because they have limited credit history. By lending money to hardworking, low-to-moderate income individuals, we help them move forward in their lives, demonstrate their creditworthiness, and establish the credit history they need to access new opportunities.
Since 2006, we have lent over $6.8 billion through over 3.1 million affordable small dollar loans and have helped over 730,000 people start establishing credit. In recognition of inventive approach, we were recognized by Time Magazine as one of 50 Genius Companies inventing the future.
The Bay Area News Group recognized Oportun as a Top Workplace in 2019. Come and be a part of our community of employees, partners, and customers who are devoted to expanding financial opportunity for millions. When we work together, we can make life better.
ABOUT TECHNOLOGY @ OPORTUN
The Technology team @ Oportun is dedicated to delivering and maintaining performant, elegant, and intuitive systems to our business partners and retail customers. We provide the platform, technology services, and interfaces that have enabled Oportun to serve over 1.3M customers with over $6 billion in life-changing, responsible loans disbursed.
We work on a very unique platform, combining service-oriented platform services with sophisticated user experiences, all enabled through a best-in-class (and fun to use!) automated development infrastructure. We prove that FinTech is more fun, more challenging, and in our case, more rewarding as we build technology that changes our customers’ lives. At the corporate level, Oportun delivers a very supportive and welcoming service experience, with bilingual staff across channels, and operates more than 325 locations in CA, IL, AZ, FL, NM, TX, UT, NV & NJ with mobile services available in MO, WI, and ID.
We are looking for a motivated, customer-focused, tech-loving individual to join our fast-growing IT organization. Being part of the EUS team at Oportun means more than just closing tickets, it means you have a drive to learn and help your team members get the most out of our cutting-edge solutions and tools that enable them to deliver awesome results for our customers. Based out of our office in Frisco, you will play a critical role in supporting cloud and desktop software, troubleshooting conference rooms, provisioning/deprovisioning accounts and hardware, deploying and upgrading mobile devices, inventory management, resolving printer issues, or any number of other issues a fast growing FinTech company can throw at you. You’ll also be responsible for sharing your technical knowledge with your teammates and the users you support by creating or updating existing documentation, setting up new hires on their first day, and pointing people to the right teams to ensure they get the right answers.
In addition to providing expert technical support, you’ll work to ensure everything we do is rooted in our Three C’s of Care, Collaboration, and Communication. We’re looking for someone with the drive to innovate and help the team think outside traditional IT Support models.
You’ll need to be comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users. This position will require some after-hours or weekend coverage.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR IN AN IDEAL CANDIDATE?
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strategic thinker that wants to solve problems not band aid them
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Ability to assist with technical support troubleshooting and resolution of Windows/Mac and desktop support applications either over the phone or onsite.
- Uses remote control tools to help troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Experience configuring and deploying new systems using SCCM/JAMF
- Understand basic networking
- Analyze current equipment and give recommendations on replacing hardware as necessary
- Constantly monitor individual queue and prioritize accordingly to meet SLA
- Work with vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Operate as the escalation point for the junior members of the EUS team on difficult to solve incidents
- Assist Platform team with app/update testing
REQUIERED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 8+ years of Information Technology experience
- Advanced knowledge of Windows/Mac OS, including strong WiFi and network connectivity.
- Strong communication and technical documentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of both Active Directory & Microsoft Office 365
- Ability to lead small/medium complexity projects.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience operating in a regulated environment; financial services experience preferred
- Solid VPN knowledge/experience preferred.
- Videoconferencing technology support experience, particularly Zoom, preferred.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience