We are seeking a Sr. Java Developer for a contract position through the end of 2019, that will extend into 2020, with our client in Greenwood Village,CO.
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering the highest quality consultants to our clients since 1979. We've built a solid reputation for dealing with our clients and our consultants with honesty, integrity, and respect. We work hard every day to maintain that reputation, and we're very interested in candidates who can help us. If you're that candidate, this opportunity is made for you!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Codes and performs unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Codes, tests, and debugs new software or makes enhancements to existing software
- Participates in code review sessions to validate adherence with development standards
- Collaborates with internal and cross-departmental technical teams to identify software problems and communicate remediation plans
- Influences system design by identifying and recommending design and requirements needs for software enhancements
- Maximizes the efficiency of the various software systems by implementing, monitoring, testing and auditing new software programs
Qualifications and Education
- Expertise in Java/J2EE, Spring/SpringBoot frameworks.
- Demonstrated knowledge in webservices development using RESTFul.
- Knowledge of CI/CD methods and tools to integrate and deploy applications.
- Skills in Microservice architecture with service registry, load balancer, spring cloud config is a plus.
- Unit testing with Junit, Groovy and integration with SonarQube for code quality.
- Knowledge of container deployment and orchestration technologies: kubernetes, docker is preferred.
- Experience in building highly scalable, reliable, secure and performant enterprise systems..
- Ability to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, uncertainty, and incomplete information when evaluating alternatives and making recommendations.
- Demonstrated communication skills (written, interpersonal, presentation), with the ability to easily and effectively interact and negotiate with business stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work independently; requirement analysis, designing, developing and deploying solutions, and to deliver projects on time with minimal direction.
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, related field
Related Work Experience
- 4+ years of experience with NoSQL, ElasticSearch, Lucene, Solr.
6+ years of experience with coding, testing and design.
6+ years of experience with software development methodologies.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status