Amida Technology Solutions is a DC-based technology company focused on solutions for data interoperability, data utility, and data security. We create open-source solutions that collect, reconcile, transform, and standardize data for business intelligence, predictive analytics, decision support, and user transactions. We specialize in taking data from inception to impact.
Our team is comprised of creative, forward thinkers who are passionate about using cutting edge technology to make a difference in people’s lives and have a positive impact on our country. We offer an entrepreneurial, high growth environment that values fresh ideas, candid conversations, and authentic teamwork.
Amida is currently looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our team in Baltimore. In this role you will be focused on the design and implementation of Java-based software platforms, applications, and features for our clients. You will proactively participate in every aspect of the software development life-cycle including design, engineering, development, configuration, integration, testing, installation, modification and support.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and development
- 3+ years of Java-specific development experience including expertise in J2EE, and Spring
- Knowledge of other Java-based technologies including Leaf, Eclipse, Struts, JPA, JSPs, Rational Application Developer and/or Websphere
- Prior experience using Git/Github, preferably contributing to open-source projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, and drive to deliver best-in-class software products
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS, MIS or a related technical field or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing software applications in an Agile environment
- Prior experience working with AWS cloud technologies and containerization tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
Senior Java Developer / Engineer