LRS has prospered for over 30 years because our corporate philosophy embraces honest, ethical and hard-working people. If that describes your approach to IT consulting, we need to talk! LRS Consulting Services is seeking a Senior Java Developer for a 6-month contract opportunity with our client in Chicago, IL!
The Senior Java Developer will:
- Work as the technical leader of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle.
- Lead and direct designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications.
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards.
- Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria.
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality / time to market imperatives.
- Provide third level support of software solutions, as needed.
- Share best practices and improvement processes within and across sprint teams and mentor and evaluate the performance of members of the development teams.
- Perform migration of developments between Java environments.
- Develop Use Cases, Sequence Diagrams and other design documents, as necessary, for large applications.
- Manage the development and deployment of web applications using common app servers, such as Spring and JBoss, and deployment tools such as Jenkins.
– Regularly interact with Technical and Business team leads and members in order to accomplish business goals. - Perform unit testing by developing test classes using Junit and similar tools. - Ensure proper strategy for code roll out in different environments.
6+ years of experience in the following
- Java Application Servers (preferably Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, or WebLogic)
- eCommerce application lifecycle experience
- SOAP and RESTful Web Services
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal) -
- Be available for On-call duties on a periodic basis.
Consistently ranking in the top 200 of Software Magazine’s annual Software 500 list, LRS is known by clients for quality, flexibility and strong relationships. Clients expect LRS to deliver only the best, hard working consultants for their engagements. Contact us today if you are the best consultant for this engagement
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for Employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, gender identity, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship status or protected veteran status.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate in English (written & verbal)